I tend to be a bit of a sucker when someone contacts me about a project near and dear to them, not in what I bite off but how I work with them on the price. I probably shouldn't but a lot of times it just means I get to try something I've never done before. This rig is a 2.25" wide lined 44 caliber ammo belt, that in itself isn't anything crazy. What caught me off guard is when he requested it for his 3" 24-3 S&W. I own one myself and it's probably my favorite handgun. This was the Sergeant's retirement gift to himself - since he lives in Texas I hope this finds its way onto an open carry or two.

In any case it's done. If it were 3" bigger I probably couldn't let it go. The color is Feibings Pro Dark Chocolate, I edged it and applied a resist before stitching so that I could keep the white clean and that worked really well. Shame I struck my makers mark upside down on the belt :)

DSC_0062_zps8eeccacc.jpg

DSC_0052_zps42f73735.jpg

DSC_0051_zpse96240ee.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsa153073f.jpg

DSC_0039_zps7dd93661.jpg

DSC_0035_zpsa7921e8b.jpg

Really, really nice!! I like everything about it!!

Texas Jack said it well enough for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

Very "clean" looking. Great stitching and color. For a simple rig set up, it shouts "attention to detail" and "hand crafted".... I'd like a rig like that for my Ruger Blackhawk. Perfect for when I'm hunting.... Damn.... now I have another project to get around to... :cowboy:

-Tac

...applied a resist before stitching so that I could keep the white clean and that worked really well.

I never thought of doing that. Do you resist the stitch area only, or the whole surface? I don't use resist often. It took me a few tries to realize that I had to let it set overnight before I could color over it and get good results.

Really, really nice!! I like everything about it!!

Thank you!

Texas Jack said it well enough for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you Dwight.

Super job! I really like it!

Thanks!

Very nice job

David

Thanks David!

Very "clean" looking. Great stitching and color. For a simple rig set up, it shouts "attention to detail" and "hand crafted".... I'd like a rig like that for my Ruger Blackhawk. Perfect for when I'm hunting.... Damn.... now I have another project to get around to... :cowboy:

-Tac

It's only some dead cow away :)

I never thought of doing that. Do you resist the stitch area only, or the whole surface? I don't use resist often. It took me a few tries to realize that I had to let it set overnight before I could color over it and get good results.

I'd never tried it but it worked well. If it was a dyed liner it wouldn't. I oiled the whole rig, then sealed the entire 'face' of each piece. I'm trying this on another antiqued rig I'm working on as well. I use a bees wax resist from SLC, it work better than resolene for that purpose in my opinion.

Awesome job! Would like you to explain the resist process a little more, not following it.

Fantastic really looks good.....

Really nice, Love the color. good job over all.

Very nice!

Eaglestroker, I really like your rigs! Every detail is spectacular & functional. The wheelgun is sweet too, thanks for sharing & inspiring us!

Looks awesome Robert, great job!

Josh

Thank you Josh!

Awesome job! Would like you to explain the resist process a little more, not following it.

Matt, I'll send you a PM.

Fantastic really looks good.....

Thank you!

Really nice, Love the color. good job over all.

Thanks!

Very nice!

Much appreciated :)

Beautiful.

Thanks!

Eaglestroker, I really like your rigs! Every detail is spectacular & functional. The wheelgun is sweet too, thanks for sharing & inspiring us!

Thank you for the compliments, I'm pretty proud of the quality I'm starting to achieve :)