Double U Leather

Two Sided Floral Portfolio

Here's the latest order done. All in all, I really like how this turned out. As always, there's a couple things I'll do differently the next time, but overall, I'm happy with it. Now if the customer shares the satisfaction, it'll be golden. At any rate, take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for looking, and remain blessed.

post-7660-0-45299700-1380835851_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-56493700-1380835869_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-76207600-1380835885_thumb.jp

Great Job! Very Nice,,,

Very nice! I'm sure the customer will love it!

beautiful, Cheryl

very nice work. I'd love to see a picture of the spine.

Your floral tooling looks very nice. The only issues I see in the pictures (I am guessing this is what you were less than happy about) is the assembly. I see some issues around the handle.

As an overall though it is very good.

Jesse...unfortunately, I don't have any of the spine. I was simply 1 3/4" wide, and the binder part held in with 2 conchos.

Electrathon....you're right. I installed a magnetic closure in it, and didn't allow myself enough room to stitch it. On the bottom of both handles, the closure was shoving my sewing machine foot around some. I'll remember the next time to give myself a tic more room.

Wow thats nice! How long did the tooling take on that?

bwillie...thanks. I'm not sure exactly how long it took, but I'd estimate 20 hours or so of tooling time.

Long...I kinda just lay my circles out until I come up with something that I think works, then trace the circles, establish the flow, and start carving. I don't actually draw out patterns on paper. For instance, on this project, I laid out the circles on paper and then drew 3 flowers to see how the scrolls would fall and when I was happy, I started carving.

nice work , love you're flowers.

Great work! I like the idea of the magnetic closure and the way you used it. I may have to come up with a project to use that idea on.

Bob

Gorgeous!