This is a little "Hollywood" for my tastes but I was super happy with how it turned out. Double drop buscadero in antique black with nickel spots. It'll look better with the bright stainless Ruger Vaquero's that the customer will put in it but Tina and I's Uberti's don't look to shabby. Thanks for lookin' and have a great Friday!

post-19070-0-12352100-1390592614_thumb.jpost-19070-0-79376500-1390592625_thumb.jpost-19070-0-43738000-1390592638_thumb.jpost-19070-0-38400900-1390592650_thumb.jpost-19070-0-36266300-1390592669_thumb.j

Looks good, Josh, . . . any old outlaw (or peace officer) would have been proud to wear that into Dodge City.

One of these days, . . . I'm going to waste a bunch of leather, . . . time, . . . etc. and make a "somewhat" copy of Roy Rogers' double rig. That is, . . . unless I change my mind and do a Lone Ranger, . . . I always liked both.

Whichever I do, . . . I hope it turns out as well as yours did.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Thanks Dwight! I've always scoffed at buscadero rigs but after making this one I decided I might need one as a wall hanger, they are kinda cool even if not very practical. Good luck if you decide to make a Roy Rogers/Lone Ranger rig, post pictures if it happens and I'll do the same.

Best regards, Josh

Whatever your feelings towards the buscadero, that is one fine looking rig. Your workmanship is outstanding.

That looks great Josh! Love it...

I am not a B-Western fan but I am a fan of someone who does such superb work on a rig like that. Very nice.!

Nice rig!

Josh, great job. If they still had decent westerns on tv that would look right at home on a set.

Edited by camano ridge

Josh, fantastic stamp work. I really need to start playing with that Carlos border!

Another nice one Josh. Not a fan of the buscadero either but you did very well on it.

Great job, love the layout and the tooling is so crisp. The color is great could you explain the process you used

Bobby

Thank you all!

Robert, I am a huge fan of the Carlos border. It looks good and is pretty easy to get done.

Bobby, here is my process on this;

After the tooling is done and it's dry; 1) a decent coat of neatsfoot oil, 2) black Fiebings liquid acrylic antique applied with a scrap of shearling then wiped off with a damp paper towel a few minutes after applying, 3) 50/50 mop & glo and water applied with a scrap of shearling trimmed very short, 4) put the spots on, sew the holster main seams and assemble the belt, 5) fold the holsters through the slots in the belt and the Mexican loops and 6) give everything a nice wipe down with glycerin saddle soap using a scrap of shearling. I let everything dry as best I can between steps usually at least 8 hours although 24 would probably be better. I use liquid glycerin soap (Leather New or something comparable) but a bar works just as good.

Best regards,

Josh

That's simple enough, never used the liquid acrylic antique will have to try it.

Thanks

Bobby

I like it and the black gets a lot of attention! it's also easy to use and so far seems to be pretty durable. Have a great day Bobby! talk to you later.

Josh