Josh Ashman

Skulls & Roses On A Western Rig?

It's what they wanted so I gave it my best shot. 8 oz with a 4 oz liner on the main belt and billet, 8 oz for the buckle chape, 4 oz on the loops and 8 oz with a 6 oz liner for the hoster, all HO. Finished with a coat of NF oil then Fiebings liquid acrylic antique washed off pretty heavily, a light coat of M&G cut 50/50 with water and then wiped down with glycerin saddle soap to make it feel and smell like gunleather instead of a clean floor.

It's built for a 3-1/2" Cimarron Thunderer but it has my 5-1/2" SAA in it for the pictures.

Thanks for looking, Josh

011.jpg013.jpg017.jpg

post-19070-0-90296300-1392389242_thumb.j

post-19070-0-31338300-1392389256_thumb.j

post-19070-0-58068800-1392389267_thumb.j

That's some good work, Josh, . . .

Do you suppose word will get around and your next job will be a full Sheridan floral for a set of saddlebags on a Harley?

May God bless,

Dwight

Once again great job....

I think you could make anything look great on a rig. I'm not into skulls and such but you sure made a great looking rig.

there was the hand of God rig now there is a reaper rig :cowboy:

not my taste but hey whatever the customer likes and you pulled it off well :clapping:

Thanks Haystacker and St8line. I agree with the skulls, I'm not really into them and I wouldn't be sad if they were the first and last I tried to carve, although I was happy enough with how they turned out. I do plan on using those roses again though, they weren't too bad to carve and I really liked how they turned out.

Best regards, Josh

Hmmmm........"Flowers for the Dead" seems like an appropriate theme for a gunbelt to me. And that is a crackerjack job of it !

Josh, Very nice! Steve

Thanks WyomingSlick & Cobra Steve.

FYI - all sewn on my Cobra Class 4! It's my first machine and I've only had it since October so I'm still getting used to it but it sure does a nice job!

Josh, nice job. Again I am also one that does not get excited about skulls however i really like the look of this rig.

Edited by camano ridge

Josh, again I am amazed at the quality of your work. Thank you for posting it. I like the theme of the skulls and roses...it is different.

Great job Josh!

Thanks Jack, 4Wheeler and Camano! I'm glad you like it, it should deliver today, hopefully the folks that ordered it like it as well!

Best regards, Josh

Josh, that's very different but you pulled if off well as expected. I haven't seen you do man stitched belts but it looks very nice! Is that white thread with antique over it?

Thanks Robert, having the Cobra made a big difference on my replies to lined belts! I'd do them by hand, but I really tried not to. With the machine it isn't that big of a deal. I've definitely been doing more of them.

That is white thread but I sewed it after the antique had already been applied. The M&G and saddle soap lifted the dye a little and muddied up the stitching but the result was good, if it weren't for that the white may have been a little "loud".

Best regards, Josh

Nice job Josh

I'm another that isn't much interested in skulls but that looks good. One of my grandsons hit me up recently to make him a pants belt with skulls and roses. He's got a degree in graphic arts and is really good with pencil drawings so I made him a deal. He draws the pattern he wants and I'll tool a belt using his pattern. I don't do very well drawing anymore as my hands shake too bad to get much done except erasing and cussing so I won't have the frustration of trying to produce a decent pattern.

I'm a big fan of traditional work, it's always nice when done well, but designs out side the box get my attention and always stand out.