Twisted 66

Finally Finished First Fender Bib..what A Learning Experience

Finally finished my first fender bib.I had a few issues but over came them..lots of thanks to everyone on this site for the info and knowledge shared. After I finished lacing it up ( and OMG what an experience that was!) I snapped some pics and put it on my bike. looks good :) a few things I realized after completing it : leather was a bit thick..next time I'll go 5-6oz instead of 7-9oz, lacing takes longer than you think! lol I won't punch holes to lace next time but rather use the slit punch or whatever it's called. I'll oil the leather somewhere in between to soften it up a bit..not that it's overly stiff but I think the oil would add a little more flex to it in the end. and finally I think I will look into perhaps wet molding it a little to bring down the edges and give it that nice little curve..lucky I have a thick flat fender so it's not really to bad but next time I think it would add just a bit more style. I am Itching to hit more projects now. I'll keep ya posted....

post-49853-0-93851400-1395768915_thumb.j

post-49853-0-59635200-1395768918_thumb.j

post-49853-0-56015000-1395768983_thumb.j

That's Bad Ass. Good Job.

Fantastic !

Great Job! Picture of the bib on the bike please?

for the bone colour I used Eco-Flo Hi light stain -smoke black

I'll have the assembled bike pic up when I put it on the bike :) have to re-assemble it from the winter upgrades lol, snow hasn't persuaded me to rush just yet. working on a matching tank bib design at the moment as well.

man that looks killer.

I really, really like the (hear, see, speak Skulls). it looks painstakenly hard and detailed. But you came through like a champ !

Looks good Twisted!