Been a while since I posted a Bible Cover, the customer on this one wanted the cross on the front and the hands on the back, I normally do them the other way.

Chief

post-6362-0-99742500-1404321540_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-62178400-1404321541_thumb.jp

That is a beautiful Bible cover. I need to make myself a notebook with a zipper in it so I can carry my Bible and notes together. Hopefully I'll be able to get at it before too long.

You certainly did f fine job on that one.

I always like looking at the things you do Chief, they are beautifully done always great patterns and outstanding color.

That is a beautiful Bible cover. I need to make myself a notebook with a zipper in it so I can carry my Bible and notes together. Hopefully I'll be able to get at it before too long.

You certainly did f fine job on that one.

Thank you sir

I always like looking at the things you do Chief, they are beautifully done always great patterns and outstanding color.

Thanks Papaw, I appreciate the comments.

Chief

Nice Chief! Keep up the good work.

Bob

Looks great Chief! Love the color on it.

Bob

Chief, . . . you live up to your name. This little indian just does not possess your skill or patience, . . . really good looking.

May God bless,

Dwight

Nice Chief! Keep up the good work.

Bob

Thanks tons,

Looks great Chief! Love the color on it.

Bob

Thank you sir.

Chief, . . . you live up to your name. This little indian just does not possess your skill or patience, . . . really good looking.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight, thanks. However, the name is not from a Native American Source in my case. It was my rank in the US Army, Chief Warrant Officer, in the Army we're affectionately (or not so affectionately) referred to as "Chief".

Thanks,

Chief

Very nice work! The stamping really makes the overall appearance look pro. Question for you Chief. Are using tan kote or a stain of any kind. I'm working a bible cover right now where I would like to keep the majority of it in natural tan color with some dyed areas and antiqued.

Never mind Chief. You answered this question on you clutch purse post. Thank you.

Beautiful work. I have a question. Do you make your bible covers to fit a specific bible, or are most bibles a pretty standard size? I have two good friends who recently had their first baby, and I would like to make them a bible cover for the occasion. I don't know whether to go buy some bibles, or just make a cover and let them pick out the bible they like for it.

Beautiful work. I have a question. Do you make your bible covers to fit a specific bible, or are most bibles a pretty standard size? I have two good friends who recently had their first baby, and I would like to make them a bible cover for the occasion. I don't know whether to go buy some bibles, or just make a cover and let them pick out the bible they like for it.

When I started making them I thought they would be pretty much standard, I was wrong!!! I measure or have the customer measure the width and hight of the front cover and the thickness at the spine, i then add 1" for the height (1/2" on top and bottom), and 3/4" for each side (Total 1.5") plus 1/4 inch for the fold to the width of the cover X 2 plus the thickness. Hope that makes sense. It would be nice if they were all the same size then you could make them up and sell them at craft fairs, etc. but each one has to be custom measured or at least that's what I've found. To center the panels I make the border 1/2" from the top and bottom, 3/4" from each side and the width of the panel is the measurement of the cover. That leaves the panel centered and an area down the spine to put the Title. Hope that helps. I love your work by the way, your guitar straps are both unique and beautiful as well as your other work.

Thanks,

Chief

Edited by Chief31794

Thank ya sir.

Very beautiful Chief, Cheryl