Sign in to follow this  
celticleather

Products of a wet Sunday!

Sunday was pretty awful here in the UK . . . hundreds of runners trapped by floods on the Cumbrian fells (think they're all ok now), and pouring rain just about everywhere.

Spent the day in the workshop, making some belt pouches for stock. Also repaired some saddlebags that I made about ten years ago . . . the owner snagged some stitches and brought them in for repair. Don't think they look bad ten years down the line!

pouches.jpg

sbags.jpg

post-7199-1225073499_thumb.jpg

post-7199-1225073519_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work. Love those saddlebags.

Art

Nice work on the pouches.

Also on the 10 yr old saddle bags. It looks as the owner has taken good care of them and it doesn't look as if they will wear out any time soon. Maybe you need to sell him a belt pouch.

Johnny

Way cool purses!

Love the bigger one, silver lace goes well with the black. Gotta try it sometime.

Tom

very nice bags...loving the color and designs

Very nice looking for sure. Those bags look cool. Did you line them at all or is it mainly one piece.

Those saddle bags look well taken care of.

What kind of lace or clips is that on the border that looks metallic?

Nice pouches CL - Interesting decoration technique - are you using embossing plates?

Damn good product for a little 'rainy day' work.....

Nice job!

William

I was very impressed by the way the saddlebags had been cared for after ten years. The leather had softened a bit - as it always does - but showed no signs of having been allowed to dry out.

The lacing was a sort of metallic-covered stuff, probably plastic, which I wasn't keen to use, but the customer's always right (sometimes!), so I just gritted my teeth and pretended it was leather!

You're right, Ray; these are embossing plates that I make from a photopolymer material, using a process that I've devised. I'm able to draw the designs on computer, and make embossing plates in different sizes for different products. I can get hundreds of impressions from each plate, and I often combine them to make up more complex designs. The plate material is pretty expensive, so I use it very sparingly!