cgleathercraft

First Holster That I'm Happy Enough With To Show Off

Made the pattern with the instructions from Adams LeatherWorks. The mag carrier I made up as I went along. I should have molded it entirely instead of cutting the corners out. I expect retention issues from the mag carrier as time progresses.

Draws and re-holsters easy enough and the retention is excellent.

I need to work on my molding a little bit around the trigger area.

What else needs work?

post-39990-0-54924400-1426034892_thumb.j

post-39990-0-43880700-1426034894_thumb.j

post-39990-0-99947500-1426034895_thumb.j

post-39990-0-99725400-1426034896_thumb.j

Looks lie you did a find job. Nice.

Looks pretty good. Your mag sits down far enough you should not develop any real retention problems unless you plan on standing on your head when wearing it. :)

Thanks for the comments! I posted the same pictures on my Facebook and had a request for a quote in 2 hours!

Looks pretty good. Your mag sits down far enough you should not develop any real retention problems unless you plan on standing on your head when wearing it. :)

Can't imagine why I would want or need to be upside down while wearing it lol.

After wearing it for 4+ hours in the car it caused no discomfort this weekend. When i stood up for more than 10 minutes it became noticeable that I was wearing it and it did cause just a bit of discomfort. I will be modifying the design slightly as the tooled piece now jabs directly into the skin instead of sitting flat. I will add about a 1/4" of leather to help cover a portion of the slide and flatten the back side out a bit.

Your stitching looks great. Well done!

Looks good to me pilgrim.

I would show that off as well.

Your stitching looks great. Well done!

+1, looks good!

Looks great but I could definitely see where that stiffener might become uncomfortable. I've never tried a wrap around stiffener, I've been stitching mine on the front side only. Stitching looks great, you should be proud of that one.

Stu

You might try placing the T-nut between the two pieces of leather. just make sure you trim the spikes down so they dont poke through. This way you dont have an issue with it against the skin. Other than that its a great job.

Great job

You might try placing the T-nut between the two pieces of leather. just make sure you trim the spikes down so they dont poke through. This way you dont have an issue with it against the skin. Other than that its a great job.

I thought of that too, i'll be doing some testing on scrap before I make my next one so I get everything right.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'll be posting an updated one here once I get it done.

If you're set on having that stiffener wrap around, you could skive it down gradually on the backside. Would definitely help with the protrusion off your hip.