DoubleC

Kickstarter Project For Sheridan

About this project I have been leatherworking in Rutland for 3 years now. Actually 4 but I don't really count the first year I was learning. Now, I have an Etsy shop and sell things at the Farmer's Market every summer. I received some grants to take some workshops in Sheridan, where some of the best known artisans and craftsmen/women teach their skills. I was so terribly excited....and then I found out that while the grant would pay for the instruction, tools, and materials, it won't be able to be applied to the travel costs from Rutland, Vermont to Sheridan, Wyoming, for the lodging, or for food. After some careful budgeting and discussion with my grant caseworker, I've been able to determine that I would need $2,000 to pay for the airfare, cab to and from the airport, the hotel room, and a per diem for the food. I've been able to come up with half of that on my own by tightening my own budget and pinching pennies until Abe screams for mercy! But that still leaves me $1,000 short. Thus, the Kickstarter to attempt to fund the remaining $1,000. My life has changed so much in 3 years I can't imagine where I'll end up if I actually get to take these workshops at Sheridan. If you have a free moment peruse these workshops being offered this year. http://www.leathercraftersjournal.com/sheridan2015workshops.html

I see this as a crossroads in my business where I can increase quality control and spend less time per project. Thank all of you who have backed me so far. And for the rewards:

Rewards: $5 or more You will receive a choice of handmade keyfob stamped with with your homestate's abbreviation, your initials, or a hand-molded keyfob of my own special horse's eye. Estimated Delivery: Jun 2015 Ships: Anywhere in the world

$20 or more A wonderful leatherworker, Al Bane For Leather, http://www.albaneforleather.net/%C2'> offered his expertise as well. For $20, he'll make you a handmade leather cuff bracelet! Estimated Delivery will depend on his schedule but I will pay shipping on all of this. $50 or more: He'll make you a leather belt! $400 or more: He'll make you a leather vest! $1000 If you donate $1,000, he'll make you your very own custom leather biker's jacket!
post-27490-0-74847700-1427078944_thumb.j

My project is almost 1/2 over because I chose 30 days but I'm not 1/2 way there yet. I'm really trying to not be discouraged but it's hard. I honestly believe this is going to be a turning point in my career and I try to think what will happen depending on which path I can take. I have no intentions of quitting leatherwork, that I know no matter which way this goes. And I figure in a few more years I can catch up hopefully to the point I would be in May if I went to Sheridan. I'm offering some wonderful gifts to people who donate. So I guess the rest is in your hands. Thanks so much to the people who have been contributing. Cheryl

post-27490-0-40323000-1427236978_thumb.j

This is the Christmas Show I do every year :).

Another one of my 'art' pieces. I do some of these just to practice. Thanks to all of you who have contributed.

post-27490-0-36178300-1427398488_thumb.j

post-27490-0-93512400-1427673618_thumb.j

I have been leatherworking in Rutland for 3 years now. Actually 4 but I don't really count the first year I was learning. Now, I have an Etsy shop and sell things at the Farmer's Market every summer. I received some grants to take some workshops in Sheridan, where some of the best known artisans and craftsmen/women teach their skills. I was so terribly excited....and then I found out that while the grant would pay for the instruction, tools, and materials, it won't be able to be applied to the travel costs from Rutland, Vermont to Sheridan, Wyoming, for the lodging, or for food. After some careful budgeting and discussion with my grant caseworker, I've been able to determine that I would need $2,000 to pay for the airfare, cab to and from the airport, the hotel room, and a per diem for the food. I've been able to come up with half of that on my own by tightening my own budget and pinching pennies until Abe screams for mercy! But that still leaves me $1,000 short. Thus, the Kickstarter to attempt to fund the remaining $1,000. My life has changed so much in 3 years I can't imagine where I'll end up if I actually get to take these workshops at Sheridan. If you have a free moment peruse these workshops being offered this year. http://www.leathercraftersjournal.com/sheridan2015workshops.html

I see this as a crossroads in my business where I can increase quality control and spend less time per project. Thank all of you who have backed me so far. And for the rewards:

Rewards: $5 or more You will receive a choice of handmade keyfob stamped with with your homestate's abbreviation, your initials, or a hand-molded keyfob of my own special horse's eye. Estimated Delivery: Jun 2015 Ships: Anywhere in the world

$20 or more A wonderful leatherworker, Al Bane For Leather, http://www.albaneforleather.net/%C2'> offered his expertise as well. For $20, he'll make you a handmade leather cuff bracelet! Estimated Delivery will depend on his schedule but I will pay shipping on all of this. $50 or more: He'll make you a leather belt! $400 or more: He'll make you a leather vest! $1000 If you donate $1,000, he'll make you your very own custom leather jacket!

I have just learned there's been some concern about questions asked at kickstarter. I can tell you I don't have access to your info and never will unless you asked for a project. Folks if you go some where online to buy a shirt, the site has you join before they will let you shop. That's all kickstarter is doing. It doesn't take any money to join and they thought you might like to see the other projects, the same as you might want to see a different shirt. Michael Dale said he was uncomfortable so he didn't donate, so I figured some others of you might be too. I assure your information will NOT be abused. Thanks so much, Cheryl

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1572920904/attending-sheridan-may-2015-for-leatherwork

post-27490-0-91902500-1427760035_thumb.j

Cheryl, that link is not working gives an error message.

Trying a new one to see if it works.....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1572920904/attending-sheridan-may-2015-for-leatherwork

There for some reason this one works. Thanks for telling Camano. Cheryl

Edited by DoubleC

That one worked.

Registering at kick starter is no different then registering for this forum. You can uncheck the box for notifications if you don't want to hear from them.

Edited by camano ridge

Kickstarter is safe. They have been around for a while and provided millions of dollars to a huge variety of successfully funded projects. I fully trust Kickstarter with my information.

Cheryl, I haven't contributed to your project because money is tight right now(student loans, baby, you understand :) ). However, I am keeping a close eye on your project!

Thank You CG. Of course I understand money being tight. Please don't feel bad if you can't kick in. Cheryl

11 more days left and it's getting nervous around here :) Seriously, thank all of you who have supported me already. Cheryl

We are down to the wire on my kickstarter project and I haven'r receive enough to keep it. If I don't reach my 1000 goal I won't get any of the money which means I'll lose my grant money too. If you can chip in 5 bucks I'd appreciate it do much.

post-27490-0-25961500-1428016873_thumb.j

Edited by DoubleC

About this project

About this project I have been leatherworking in Rutland for 3 years now. Actually 4 but I don't really count the first year I was learning. Now, I have an Etsy shop and sell things at the Farmer's Market every summer. I received some grants to take some workshops in Sheridan, where some of the best known artisans and craftsmen/women teach their skills. I was so terribly excited....and then I found out that while the grant would pay for the instruction, tools, and materials, it won't be able to be applied to the travel costs from Rutland, Vermont to Sheridan, Wyoming, for the lodging, or for food. After some careful budgeting and discussion with my grant caseworker, I've been able to determine that I would need $2,000 to pay for the airfare, cab to and from the airport, the hotel room, and a per diem for the food. I've been able to come up with half of that on my own by tightening my own budget and pinching pennies until Abe screams for mercy! But that still leaves me $1,000 short. Thus, the Kickstarter to attempt to fund the remaining $1,000. My life has changed so much in 3 years I can't imagine where I'll end up if I actually get to take these workshops at Sheridan. If you have a free moment peruse these workshops being offered this year. http://www.leathercraftersjournal.com/sheridan2015workshops.html

$20 or more A wonderful leatherworker, Al Bane For Leather, http://www.albaneforleather.net/%C2'> offered his expertise as well. For $20, he'll make you a handmade leather cuff bracelet! Estimated Delivery will depend on his schedule but I will pay shipping on all of this. $50 or more: He'll make you a leather belt! $400 or more: He'll make you a leather vest! $1000 If you donate $1,000, he'll make you your very own custom leather biker's jacket!

post-27490-0-87998600-1428267661_thumb.j

Thanking you in advance if you can help. Cheryl

I am hoping to donate. I wish they would let me use paypal. When does your campaign end?

I have 5 days left Leatherwytch and less than 1/2 of my my project money :( Might have to look toward Sheridan next year. cheryl

I really hope you make this CC

Thank you Kiwi, I haven't given up hope yet. Cheryl

4 days to go and counting down. Thank you to all you kind folks who have donated.

bump

I hope you get your funding, but if it doesn't pull through you could always rent a fuel efficient car and drive to Wyoming. A mix of sleeping in you car/low cost hotel rooms and not so healthy food will put you under the $1,000 mark.

good luck

Thank you Chrstn. That's a very good idea except I don't drive. Something I intend to fix by next year. I have looked for low cost vehicles to buy which would be a 'tool' according to my grant. But I'm afraid to buy a 1500 van or truck with me having not driven for years. Too many things that can go wrong with that. If I had someone to share the trip with I wouldn't mind so much but VT to WY is a very long way :)

Only 44 hours to go on my project. If you plan to make a donation please do it soon. And thanks to all my donors u to date, you really rock.