Hi. Just curious how many leathercrafters are also woodpeckers?

I be one.

Oops - I meant woodworkers! All thumbs.

Have been all my life!

Same for me, since the 1960's.

Mike

Took my first wood shop class in Jr. high about 1965-66. Been dabbling in woodworking ever since.

2nd to camano ridge, started in Jr. high mid 60's. then onto a 30 yr commercial and residential career. Still working new projects. When my kids were in high school they used to joke that they were going to start a support group called, Children of Remodeling Parents. While we still get a laugh out of that one, none of the kids went into any trade group.

Been working with wood all my life. Since the mid 70's.

going on 20 years now.

I should have said, I started carpentering when I was fifteen. Built residential and light commercial along with many remodeling jobs. Also built commercial cabinetry, mainly for Family Sports Complexes, and about 40% of the furniture in our home plus all the cabinets. Let's see that makes sixty six years, OH MY!

ferg

Got into leather because of woodworking. learning to restore and sharpen all the old hand tools lead me to a need to have covers or sheaths for the edge tools. Friends pick them up and cut themselves. I figure if they took the sheath/cover off it and proceeded to cut themselves it's their fault. I sharpen my utility knife blades as I consider them dull out of the box.

I am a cabinet maker for about 8 years. I am just not that sure, if "woodworker" differs between proffessionals and hobbyists, or not. (just interested)

I've been known to screw up projects in both wood and leather!!

Chris

OH How I needed a good laugh this morning!!!!

Thank you

ferg

I started out in the 80's as a woodwork teacher - decided to do leather work with the kids around 10 - 12 yrs of age. Since then I've stopped teaching but continued with wood and leather work as a hobby!

After my first post I got to thinking. I really can't call myself a woodworker or a leatherworker. I guess I'm more of a wood/leatherpracticer

Chris

I was in the retail lumber industry for 38 years. Alwaysl liked leather since a young boy. Started working with leather in 2006 and have a passion for it.