corter

a few new wallets from last week

new wallet for myself. i left a piece of leather outside for 5 months, then oiled it, which is the carmel colored leather you see.

3055629934_7c0cc62a70.jpg

3055629800_72d1c5b5d1.jpg

couple other wallets:

3054791053_b7ae980927.jpg

3055629442_f57df17c97.jpg

3055628666_e1e56fb51b.jpg

3054793421_dc6662860e.jpg

3054793541_c19aebdc9b.jpg

and i made myself this too, it's a bracelet with ostrich inlay. i'll probably make another with an oxblood colored inlay, and this one needs tanning and oiling, just something i've never made before!

3054793635_ce8ec8d649.jpg

really nice work!

Question- how do you do the individual slots for credit cards and such? I mean, how do you make them so that they each have pockets(bottoms) to keep the upper rows from slipping all the way down?

I don't see any stitching other than the completed front panel/

pete

I like em. Nice clean lines. My kind of wallet. I was thinking of making a small wallet to carry a few of my tools with me when I go on the road so I can still play with some kind a project. I was going to carve something on it but now I dont know.

Tom

really nice work!

Question- how do you do the individual slots for credit cards and such? I mean, how do you make them so that they each have pockets(bottoms) to keep the upper rows from slipping all the way down?

I don't see any stitching other than the completed front panel/

pete

I used to stitck a back panel on, however after some testing i've realized that the leather will keep cards in place just fine. i've never had any customers have problems or anything either, so i keep it simple and don't stitch the bottoms closed. thanks :)

Hey Corter great work - I love your clean style. I have another question about your pockets - how do you make them lay flat all the way down the wallet - to make it look like one piece of leather from the edge? Thanks.

Edited by roadking07

I love the clean crisp style, best wallets I've seen in a long time.

I would carry one of those!

Dave

I said it before, you have an eye for design Corter!!

Tom

Very nice.

Corter, your wallets always look clean, neat, and well-done. There's something about them that just looks right.

I have a couple questions, if you don't mind my asking. How thick are the wallets (the one with green trim in particular) when closed? And what weight leather did you use for the card pocket assembly?

I used to stitck a back panel on, however after some testing i've realized that the leather will keep cards in place just fine. i've never had any customers have problems or anything either, so i keep it simple and don't stitch the bottoms closed. thanks :)

Very interesting. So that means the card pockets essentially have no bottoms, is that right?

Thanks for sharing.

L'Bum

Corter you rock. Very nice wallets. You are one that leads by example for sure.

Corter, your wallets always look clean, neat, and well-done. There's something about them that just looks right.

I have a couple questions, if you don't mind my asking. How thick are the wallets (the one with green trim in particular) when closed? And what weight leather did you use for the card pocket assembly?

Very interesting. So that means the card pockets essentially have no bottoms, is that right?

Thanks for sharing.

L'Bum

thanks everyone, your words mean so much :)

most of my wallets are between 1/2" and 3/4" thick when closed. The inspiration I get from japanese leatherwork leads me to use 5-4oz leather for shells and 2-3 oz leather for interiors. it may seem super thick for some, but for the style I make it's prefect :thumbsup:

and yes, that's essentially what it means...no real bottom to the card slots

Edited by corter