CaroCaro

Pfaff 335 Manual For Older Version Needed

Hi there,

About a year or so I started looking for information on leather stitching machines. Eventually about two weeks ago I found an oke priced machine which was quite old but refurbished and with a very new stop motor here in the netherlands. I ve got it home. I suspect the machine is from the 50ties or older but the motor is brand new. Unfortunately I do not have the serial nr on the machine but it is all very heavy iron. I was wondering how to get a useful manual. Can I use the brandnew one or is there somewhere an old version to be found.

Thanks a lot

Please send us pics of the machine so we can see how old it is. That way, we know what manual you are looking for.

glenn

The front of my machine

post-65269-0-30093000-1442956424_thumb.j

The back

post-65269-0-23606200-1442956492_thumb.j

post-65269-0-43958500-1442956523_thumb.j

Edited by CaroCaro

You may be out of luck finding a manual for the old Pfaff 335 online other than some subclass parts lists.

Your best bet may be to start with a manual for the Pfaff 145 (or the Pfaff 145 Parts Manual). The 145 was essentially the flatbed versions of the old 335. Everything above the bed should be the same, including threading diagram, stitch length regulator, needle system info, etc.

For what's going on inside the cylinder arm, look at the manuals for the new Pfaff 335 version (see manual links at bottom of the linked page) and hope that very little has changed in the cylinder arm area.

As for dating a Pfaff machine, I came across this attached chart some time ago:

post-56402-0-82773600-1442955836_thumb.p

Figuring out how to post a picture in this forum may be harder than getting your Pfaff 335 to work properly.

Edited by Uwe

I finally managed but I could not find instructions anywhere. hihi. Well, got my pictures posted. I found that chart too, unfortunately mine does not have a serial number plate anymore. Only thing I found a number on is on the inside of the base but that may be only a partnumber for the main part.

Well, I ve come far with finding a machine here in the netherlands. The seller gave me also two bags of large rolls of leather for bag making. I could start a small factory.

Looking at the 145 manual I must say for the top part of the machine I see a lot of similarities. Even the name plate is the same shape. The stich regulator is the same shape. Mmmm. the manual looks a quite old print. Which era is this? So funny that the machine is married with a motor of about 4 years old but barely used. I like to marry old furniture with new stuff, so samething applies to machines I think.

The motor is from Ho Hsing 220 volt, 600 watt

Caro,

Do you just want the manual for a reference, or you have a specific issue you need help with?

I have the exact same machine and if the local gurus won't answer it right away, I can help with the measurements or pictures from mine.

I do not have issues at the moment but since I will be using all kinds of leather it would be helpful to have a back up guide for adjusting tension, threading etc.

Mine threads the same as in the modern manual on Pfaff's web site.

Well, I now have two machines. I could not resist to a bargain for a 29K51 shoepatcher to add to my collection. 75euros. It works since I tested it on the spot.

I looked up the serialnumber and it is from the lot starting july 28 1925. A really old lady. I like the fact that it can sew in little small corners.

I am going to give it a good clean and it should be fine.

Congratulations! You'll have five or six sewing machines like the rest of us before too long - it's an addiction that has not yet been recognized by the WHO.

Yeah, great isnt it. At that low cost I could not resist. Now I need to clean the old lady up. I am sure leatherworker.net has some information on that. :thumbsup:

CaroCaro,

Your machine is a 335-17B H2L

That means it was originally a binding machine (subclass 17) It is a B class as to ability to sew items. C is a heavier class than B, D is the heaviest machine in that class. These letters usually mean the hole in the feed dog would be smaller and the balance wheel may or may not be smaller. The H2 is the lift. H3 being 11mm, H4 is the High lift at 14 mm clearance under the presser foot. Not sure what the lift is on the H2 machines, L means for leather. No P so there is no 4- motion drop feed on the feed dog, it just goes back and forth.

I have the instruction manual and the parts manual for the machine but it is not on a PDF file, only hard copy.

glenn

Great info Glenn, thanks! Any chance I can borrow your hardcopy manual to scan it into a PDF file and make it available to others?

I have slightly earlier PDFs of the instruction, service and parts manuals. The service manual was published June, 09.

Email me: gord(at)bound2please.com if you would like a copy.

Thanks for offering Sonydaze. I have a feeling your '09 manuals are for the new casting white Pfaff 335 models.

The manuals that apparently have no online presence at all are for the old casting of the Pfaff 335, about 30 or more years old. I'd like to find hard copies of vintage owner/parts/service manuals from the '80s or earlier for the Pfaff 335 and put them online as PDFs.

No problem Uwe, I picked up a 335-H3 (not white, but has Quick Digital) several years ago. These were the closest manuals that I could find at the time.

Uwe,

I should have the same manuals as Glenn, I will look to be sure. PM me and I'm sure we can work something out to get them uploaded.

Hi There, i have an old 335 from the 1950´s. if you find any old material on these machines would it be possible to get a copy, thanks,jimi.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=55790&hl=%2Bpfaff+%2B335+%2Bjourney+%2Bthe+%2Bunknown

pfaff335 parts.pdfpfaff adjustment.pdfhey all, i have an older 335 and i find these documents relevant to my machine...cheers

Joe (Hockeymender) kindly lent me his copied vintage Pfaff 335 Instruction Book and a set of mechanic's service training instructions pages. I've scanned them into PDFs in the best quality the originals would allow, which is overall quite nice. I also ran text recognition (OCR) on the files, so the PDFs should be text searchable.

You can download the Pfaff 335 Instruction Book here:

Pfaff 335 Instruction Book (old casting, until the late '90s)

The service instructions cover various older Pfaff models:

Pfaff Service Instructions (various older models)

I'll also try to upload the instruction book to manualslib.com to make it accessible to a larger audience.

Wow,

that's beyond cool, thx.

Greets

Ralf C.

Wow when a community comes together! The old casting 335 instruction book is just what I needed. My machine looks like that.

I am going to download and print it. Thanks all. My 335 is relatively new and totally clean and usable. The new addition 29K-51 shoepatcher from july 1925!! will need some cleaning although everything works. There is a lot of old filth inside. It just needs a good clean I think. I bought WD-40, strong degreaser, rags, cotton sticks and cola. Hope that will help. I will be making a lot of pictures in order to reassemble the whole thing. I love ikea projects but I have never undertaken such a project.

As a kid I loved technical lego and not dolls. I have pictures of me in a pink dress with a big race car in my arms. :yeah: My whole 36 years I always was busy with some project either sewing, embroidering, lego, leather, fixing up things etc.

Thanks Uwe, Great manuals, very kind of you :thumbsup: that is the nearest to mine so far, seems they made the earlier 335´s with a 6mm solid needle bar and a single thread tension unit.

Thanks leatheroo, ive got them downloaded somewhere before.

Edited by jimi

Thank you for your effort, Uwe, greatly appreciated!