Artisan Dave

The Artisan TORO 3000 Video Is Now Available !

Yes twice thru each eyelet. Only once around the top tensioner.

SkipJ

esantoro is this what you wanted to see?

SkipJ

Thanks, Skip. That's exactly what I wanted to see.

Do you also run the thread twice through the eyelet near the top tensioning discs?

Ed

It's great to see the 3000 in action.

Coming from a handstitcher, you lost me :rofl:

The entire process will make more sense as I become familiar with stitching with a machine. The 3000 is on my list. I appreciate you taking the time to get a video together.

Thanks, Skip. That's exactly what I wanted to see.

Do you also run the thread twice through the eyelet near the top tensioning discs?

Ed

Yes I do.

SkipJ

I agree with rdb, this was a great idea! As I told Artisan in an email, I couldn't tell some of the small parts in the line drawing in the manual, and watching Carlos and me trying to figure out what we were doing would have made a good TV show! Two border-line senile 60-somethings trying to play "Stump-the-Chump" with something with that many moving parts would have attracted a huge audience (OK, with the language, maybe on HBO). They need a lot more close-ups, but SEEING somebody, who know what he's doing, makes it a lot more clear!!

Mike

bear with me, I'm trying something different for you to download the file.

Right click and choose "save target as", navigate to the place you want to store it. When it has completed downloading, choose "open folder" then right click on the file and choose "open with- Windows Media Player".

If you try to click directly on the link. WMP will bog down because of the size of the download.

If you are running an older version of WMP, you may be prompted to download a codec. You can get it here.

Johanna

Edited by Johanna

Excellent video. Keep 'em coming, and please don't forget about the care and feeding of the Toro 4000P!

Johanna

Thanks for the link!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Randy

Hey Johanna!

Thanks for trying! However, the sound plays but I get a screen that says, "Unable to render video. h264 decompressor not found." What do I do now, Coach??

Mike

You need the codec I mentioned in my previous post. I put a link to it.

~J

Well, that didn't work. I went through the download and install process TWICE and all I got was a bunch of crap about signing up for a trip to Mexico, a shoper's club, a Yahoo tool bar and a bunch of other garbage. I guess I'll just have to wait for Artisan to send one through the mail. I KNEW this wouldn't be idiot-proof!!

Mike

I downloaded the link and codec. It's a good video. but ends with Steve in mid-topic talking about 346 thread on top and 277 thread in the bobbin. The video is just over 15 min. and is 105 MB. Do I have the complete video download?

Randy

I had the same problem as Randy. My download is missing the section on adjusting the machine. I was able to download it in it's original form but you can't jump around in it.

SkipJ

I got tired of playing "Mother-May-I" with this fine computer of mine and called David at Artisan. He's sending me a copy of the video at the end of the week.

Mike

I downloaded the link and codec. It's a good video. but ends with Steve in mid-topic talking about 346 thread on top and 277 thread in the bobbin. The video is just over 15 min. and is 105 MB. Do I have the complete video download?

Randy

No thats not the whole video. The whole thing is about 480m. I downloaded it but it's in Flash format. I'm trying to find some freeware that I can convert it to AVI format so that I can put it on a DVD.

Art

Okay, folks, here is the file in a .wmv format. It's 491 MB or so, and it's almost done uploading...

http://leatherworker.net/Artisan/artisan.wmv

If you have a slow or unpredictable connection, I recommend you bookmark the page on LW. You can fast forward or rewind with the player.

I'd also like to say that this video was made by George Hurst of HideCrafters on a Sunday afternoon. It wasn't made with the idea of selling anyone anything, it was created to be a teaching tool. I'm sure that the guys at Artisan will be taking into consideration all of your constructive criticism for the next video. But understand, these are guys who know they make a good product and are proud of it, but are also trying to keep costs down for you, the consumer. Artisan has demonstrated their commitment to customer service many times on this board, and they are about to release a brand new user friendly website- chock full of manuals and parts lists. One of Artisan's best selling points is service after the sale, so take that into consideration if you try to save a few bucks and buy an imported knock-off of their product, or a machine from one of their competitors. I don't see any of them on this board every day, patiently answering questions, or sending PMs to members who need help. Remember that when you make your decision.

I'd also like to say that they let me operate one of their machines at the last show, and I would feel comfortable sewing with the Toro 3000. If I can figure it out, you experienced guys will think it's a piece of cake. Remember, I'm the one who will hand stitch a belt rather than turn on my super Singer and sew my hand instead of the leather. No, I don't work for Artisan, but I have been working with the guys who run the place, and I respect their sincere effort to take the intimidation factor out of their heavy-duty machines. I don't see the other manufacturers helping the newer leatherworkers jump up into the next level of production work, do you? So, the sound is a little weak, and there are some shots that could have been done better...they will keep that in mind for the next one. But don't knock them- at least they are trying. And we are learning. And that is what it is all about.

Johanna

getting down now :soapbox: and back to work.

My new computer came in today and I am a little excited! It's been a long week since the major hardware failure that killed the last one.

Okay, folks, here is the file in a .wmv format. It's 491 MB or so, and it's almost done uploading...

http://leatherworker.net/Artisan/artisan.wmv

If you have a slow or unpredictable connection, I recommend you bookmark the page on LW. You can fast forward or rewind with the player.

I'd also like to say that this video was made by George Hurst of HideCrafters on a Sunday afternoon. It wasn't made with the idea of selling anyone anything, it was created to be a teaching tool. I'm sure that the guys at Artisan will be taking into consideration all of your constructive criticism for the next video. But understand, these are guys who know they make a good product and are proud of it, but are also trying to keep costs down for you, the consumer. Artisan has demonstrated their commitment to customer service many times on this board, and they are about to release a brand new user friendly website- chock full of manuals and parts lists. One of Artisan's best selling points is service after the sale, so take that into consideration if you try to save a few bucks and buy an imported knock-off of their product, or a machine from one of their competitors. I don't see any of them on this board every day, patiently answering questions, or sending PMs to members who need help. Remember that when you make your decision.

I'd also like to say that they let me operate one of their machines at the last show, and I would feel comfortable sewing with the Toro 3000. If I can figure it out, you experienced guys will think it's a piece of cake. Remember, I'm the one who will hand stitch a belt rather than turn on my super Singer and sew my hand instead of the leather. No, I don't work for Artisan, but I have been working with the guys who run the place, and I respect their sincere effort to take the intimidation factor out of their heavy-duty machines. I don't see the other manufacturers helping the newer leatherworkers jump up into the next level of production work, do you? So, the sound is a little weak, and there are some shots that could have been done better...they will keep that in mind for the next one. But don't knock them- at least they are trying. And we are learning. And that is what it is all about.

Johanna

getting down now :soapbox: and back to work.

My new computer came in today and I am a little excited! It's been a long week since the major hardware failure that killed the last one.

I'd have to agree with that entire statement. The folks at Artisan are exactly what they present themselves to be. In fact, they were exactly the same attentive, helpful folks before Leatherworker.net and this new video as they are now. They really are exactly as they appear. I would, and DO, recommend them wholeheartedly.

I whole heartily agree with both Johanna and Bruce. I had the pleasure to meet Steve and Jerry at the Boot and Saddle Makers Round Up In Wichita Falls Texas in 2005 and 2006. They had a great display, plenty of machines, answered all my questions and best of all, let me play with their cool machines. I've had very few issues with my Toro 3000 and all were operator error. My questions were always answered in a friendly manner. Artisan's after sale care is the best in the business.

Randy

Thanks Johanna!

Art

This is only from my own experience and personal opinion and preference and not to discount anyone else's expertise.

One reason I moved from the nylon/blanket needle plate set up with feedog to the slotted needle plate without feed dog is that I felt the feeddog coming up through the needle plate pushed the leather around too much for stitching close to the edge.

After viewing the Artisan 3000 video I was tempted to return to the stock setup with feeddog and Nylon/blanket needle plate. However, this time around I ground down the teeth on the feeddog a bit with my dremel and instead of having the feeddog protrude 3/32" (2.38mm) above the needle plate, as directed in the video, I have it protruding between 1/16" and 5/64" at around 1.7mm. This may seem like small potatoes, but it seems to give me better control in edge stitching while still being able to use the feeddog to help move the leather, and I think I could even go down to 1mm, which may be even better.

My two cents. Please correct me if I am overlooking something.

Thanks, Artisan, for the video.

Ed

I watched the video then bought a 3000 got it on Tue. so far all is good. I quilted 5 layers of 7-8 oz skirting with out a hitch.

Thanks Dave

Take a look at our new TORO 3000 Video.

It covers everything you will ever need to know..... from setting up your new machine, threading, adjusting, general preventative maintenance, etc.

I am very interested in your feedback - please let me know if you found it educational and what you would like to see in our next production.

Here is the link: http://www.leatherworker.net/Artisan/index.htm

I too bought my 3000 about four months ago. I had an old singer flatbed and a Mercury 120-1 cylinder arm. Just getting into leather not knowing what I was really needing I bought these two machines, WRONG!!! After many problems w/them causing me not to enjoy the leather work as much. I called up Steve at Artisan, talk about what I was trying to do and sent him some pics of a couple of bobber seats I had hand sewn. He then introduced me to the toro 3000, man was he right. I am not the best at leather or sewing but the 3000 is just an amazing machine and hasn't even thought about letting me down yet. Don't think I will ever need another machine but if I happen to, there won't be any need to look around. I'm sold for life on Artisan for one, Quality of their machine and two which is very important to me, The Service!! Thanks again to Artisan and LW,

James

Finally ,a instructional video for learners like me. Well done Artisan!!!!The machine I have is a 'Q'Stitch Colt' but both machines are very similar ( but the people using either brand have the very same enjoyment and passion for leather) :thumbsup:

I was only able to watch 10mins of it as our internet isn't very fast, but I did learn one or two things in that time.

Can't wait to get a copy :You_Rock_Emoticon: