artwithapulse

Christmas Order Horween Dublin Wallets.

they are beautiful

Very nice clean work.

What are you using to finish your edges? Looks a lot better than most Horween edges I've seen on here...

25b, Dublin is like cheating - burnishes very well, as do the horse fronts. Chromexcel can be a pain but gets there in time. Cocobolo burnisher, deer antler, wax, sand and canvas. Melt in some beeswax, resand, burnish again.

Chromexcel sometimes needs to be hardened with resolene, then treated to the above as normal.

Those are very nice edges...

Very nice and clean. Dublin is my favorite. I didn't realize it came in horse-hide strips, though. I thought Dublin was cowhide/veg tanned, and horse-hide strips were chromexcel. But I also find it difficult to find much information about the different Horween leathers until you accidentally find them for sale somewhere.

Hi Monica, it's not the strips, it's the horse fronts. They make all the tannages out of both horse and cow, just depends on the look and temper you're looking for.

http://horween.com/leathers/full-tannage-list/

Here's the tannage list - all but the cordovan can be done in horse and cow, but some lend themselves to tannages better than others. For example, Rockford is almost always horse.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for horse Dublin. It makes a killer wallet back. I've also not tried Rockford, yet.

Artwithapulse, I found it too, Thanx ! ------- Wild Bill46