eglideride

Cb 3200 Arrived/setup And Sewing!

post-39107-0-01477600-1451966597_thumb.jMHW (my Hot wife) ordered my Cowboy 3200 for me a couple of weeks ago- said "merry Christmas" (she spoils me) snow/ice storms, holidays seemed like forever..my machine arrived today. Best friend Derrick hauled it from work in his truck and helped me carry the boxes and table to the basement to my shop.

Only took and hour to bolt the casters and head to the table, and thread the machine. I watched one of Bob's (Toledo sewing) you tube video's a couple of time to get the thread stand and thread "threaded" correctly. Turned on the machine- started very slowly- running backwards, crap!. Flipped the lever, the other way...sewing! Awesome!post-39107-0-01477600-1451966597_thumb.j

Cool - better than sox and jox for Christmas!

You mean HHW - His Hot Wife LOL

Congrats on the 3200 and especially on MHW.

Great !! Give us a call if you ever have any questions.

You mean HHW - His Hot Wife LOL

Darren, I stand uncorrected. I think you were going for YHL. : )

Eglideride, we hope to see what you come up with on the 3200.

post-39107-0-36547500-1452029992_thumb.jpost-39107-0-09353400-1452030033_thumb.j

Thanks!

Pretty cool- I spent HOURS researching, contemplating, considering...Kept coming back to Cowboy Bob and Toledo!...this community had a huge influence, for that I am grateful (Wiz in particular)

very excited by the possibilities. I have a guitar strap that I want to line...see what happens after some practice!

I'm about a month and a half in my 3200. I couldn't be happier! It does open up a lot of possibilities for sure. I got pretty good at hand sewing, and got the machine. While it will make things a TON faster, there is a pretty big learning curve there as well. Adjusting tensions, using different thread sizes/needles, learning how to feed the machine in a difficult seam, and not getting it to skip a stitch because you forced it. It's not bad, but here's old Murphy for you; you sample will come out beautiful, and your project will have the hiccup. Good luck, be sure to post up your progress.

BTW, Wiz is the man! He is a wealth of knowledge, and I thank him for all of his help as well.

attachicon.gifsetup.jpgattachicon.giffirst stiches.jpg

Thanks!

Pretty cool- I spent HOURS researching, contemplating, considering...Kept coming back to Cowboy Bob and Toledo!...this community had a huge influence, for that I am grateful (Wiz in particular)

very excited by the possibilities. I have a guitar strap that I want to line...see what happens after some practice!

I suggest using a 4-5 oz split to line the guitar strap. I also would consider adding a piece of 1/2 inch thick green foam in the shoulder area. I glue these in with rubber cement, then use a bone folder to flatten the outer edges, then sew it all on.

Edited by Wizcrafts

No Pressure! :crazy:

( Thanks for the info- great ideas!)

This is the sort of story that everyone new to an industrial machine needs to read!!!!!

There is so much to learn and I often compare it to learning to drive and maintain a car.

I'm about a month and a half in my 3200. I couldn't be happier! It does open up a lot of possibilities for sure. I got pretty good at hand sewing, and got the machine. While it will make things a TON faster, there is a pretty big learning curve there as well. Adjusting tensions, using different thread sizes/needles, learning how to feed the machine in a difficult seam, and not getting it to skip a stitch because you forced it. It's not bad, but here's old Murphy for you; you sample will come out beautiful, and your project will have the hiccup. Good luck, be sure to post up your progress.

BTW, Wiz is the man! He is a wealth of knowledge, and I thank him for all of his help as well.

l2bravo,

It's been reported to me that IF you talk to your machine nice BOTH when you make your sample & when you move on to the finished products you'll have much nicer results!!

Edited by CowboyBob

l2bravo,

It's been reported to me that IF you talk to your machine nice BOTH when you make your sample & when you move on to the finished products you'll have much nicer results!!

Lisa Sorrell would agree. Not only does she talk to it, she even plays certain music for her curved needle machine when she prepares to sew on it. A happy machine sews better and doesn't break needles.

Lisa Sorrell would agree. Not only does she talk to it, she even plays certain music for her curved needle machine when she prepares to sew on it. A happy machine sews better and doesn't break needles.

Don't tell me you have never smacked one upside the head while cursing....Its standard operating procedure in computers........

Don't tell me you have never smacked one upside the head while cursing....Its standard operating procedure in computers........

I'm sorry TinkerTailor, I can't let you do that ...

Wiz, I take a different route. I curse, and swear at it all times, that way it never gets comfortable. It will seek shelter in a sewing machine home soon I am sure.

Once I realized all my machines are females, I began to treat them accordingly and my sewing difficulties have diminished dramatically.

Used the my new CB3200 to line the guitar strap that I was working on with some goatskin. Took my time- pleased with my first attempt. Much more to learn...burnish the edges should be the only thing left to do...post-39107-0-67563200-1452458088_thumb.jpost-39107-0-67563200-1452458088_thumb.jpost-39107-0-55512300-1452458117_thumb.jpost-39107-0-62849200-1452458143_thumb.jpost-39107-0-03390800-1452458159_thumb.j

Great looking belt !!

The more you learn, the more you realize how much more there is to learn........

Belt looks great, you're off to a good start.

When having problems with a machine I suggest leaving an offering for the sewing machine fairies and walking away.

Not sure if the offering to the fairies works or if consuming the piece of cake and 6 pack just relaxes you to the point where you figure out that the operator was just over stressed and trying too hard.