The Mean Tambourine

Help Finding Suppliers For Colorful Chrome Tanned Leathers- Us And Abroad!

Hey everyone. I feel like I've searched the internet for years looking for suppliers of chrome tanned leather in assorted colors. I use hidehouse now for just about all semi-aniline leathers as they are consistent, but very limiting in colors.

I found another fellow bagmaker who uses the most beautiful leathers, but I don't want to be insulting and ask their to divulge their supplier. Of course we have different styles and designs, but ideally we have the same target customer. And I can't say I would give up those secrets myself!

I've attached a picture and below is a list of suppliers I've already found. I have a feeling my best option is probably overseas, which I have no experience with. Any additional suppliers in the US or Abroad you guys can think of would be helpful!

Hide House

Moore & Giles

Waterhouse (just ordered samples)

Auburn Leather Company

The Leather Guy (just ordered samples)

and then all the big saddle guys:

Tandy (bleh)

Springfield

Wickett

Thouroughbread

Weaver

etc...

Thanks everyone!

go to the library look for a Thomas Registry look up tannery's each little emblem or what not means how many million sales each year then go from their

go to the library look for a Thomas Registry look up tannery's each little emblem or what not means how many million sales each year then go from their

I seriously can't understand what this means. Punctuation and capitalization subdivides different ideas to make English comprehensible.

I get that there is something at the library called the Thomas Registry, but after that, I can't understand what you are talking about.

the Thomas Registry is a book that has a list of US businesses by category tannery, electronics., what ever . if you can find the book that's resent look up tannery and go from there . 30 years ago by doing that I found out about waterhouse. but you think I'm going to look this up for you I'm sorry.

I'll rephrase the boos I spoke of are hard to find but they do list all US manufactory do this call Montana Leather ask for Jamie ask him what your looking for their in billings montana

thunter9 is correct about the Thomas Regestry however i think that they have an on line site as well. I have the Waterhouse samples. They have some really nice colors but not sure if they would have all the different colors you are interested in. Be prepaired to wait on the waterhouse samples i think it took about 2 months for me to get all of the samples they sent. However it was worth the wait.

Hidehouse has sent me sample swatches before and they had pretty much ever color you could imagine in multiple types of leather. https://hidehouse.com/products/index.html?Category=HBAG&Product_ID=353

Also you can get calfskin in a pretty wide variety of colors. Is there a certain type of leather in particular you are looking to work with?

Who is the bag maker that has the leather you like and I can probably point you in the direction of something very similar.