tibee

looking for 135x16 LR #19,20,21

On 07/06/2016 at 11:52 PM, gottaknow said:

I can't believe how much these small resellers charge for their needles. I pay $13.50 per 100. Yes, I buy high volume, but still even at my price, my supplier makes a profit. Huge markup.

Regards, Eric

Who the hell is your needle supplier?

I cannot buy good needles wholesale for that price. The GB needles in smaller types such as the 135X17 are not generally made in Germany or it would say so on the packet. Cowboy Bob said on one thread that they are made in India.

They are good needles but I prefer the "DOTEC" needles from Taiwan.

10 packs are always a lot more expensive as the package and the machinery to get them into the package are expensive

The GB needle prices do vary some,the small 16x231,257 are something like Eric says, with the larger 135x17 costing more with the leather points costing more than round points.The GB's used to be made in Czech Republic,but now have moved to India,we sell a lot of them & the quality still seems to be the same.

All needles come in boxes of 100 which you can buy @ a better price usually then buying a pk of 10 @ a time.Since then we are stuck with an open pick,but we've been doining it for years

13 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

The GB needle prices do vary some,the small 16x231,257 are something like Eric says, with the larger 135x17 costing more with the leather points costing more than round points.The GB's used to be made in Czech Republic,but now have moved to India,we sell a lot of them & the quality still seems to be the same.

All needles come in boxes of 100 which you can buy @ a better price usually then buying a pk of 10 @ a time.Since then we are stuck with an open pick,but we've been doining it for years

The GB quality hasn't changed. They did start relabeling some of them. The most common needle in apparel is the 135x7. They removed it off their label for some reason.  I had to call my supplier and make sure something wasn't messed up. They actually still have the old Singer 1955 on the label though. I use their titanium needles in my felling machines. I use Schmetz when I have to and they're fine for my lockstitch machines, but I definitely prefer GB on my chain stitch and bartackers. My Reece 101's are timed to the GB and will break the Schmetz. Scarf is a different shape. 

Regards, Eric