msdeluca

Cheat Sheet Labels For Your Sewing Machine... or I'm Too Old To Remember Settings

CB3200 Machine Labels - Cheat Sheets

Now that I am old, it has become easier and easier to forget some of my machine settings between uses.  I find myself wasting time looking things up that I should remember and I don't see the situation getting any better.  

I created these labels from the Cowboy CB3200 manual, tips I have learned over time on setting thread tension, and some needle/thread/thickness recommendations from WizCrafts over at leatherworker.net, printed them on a clear inkjet label sheet, and affixed them to my machine.  

Now all of the information needed to match the needle and thread to the material thickness, to determine which direction in which to insert and thread the needle and bobbin, and to adjust the tension is right on the sewing machine.

Following are a couple of pictures of the labels on the machine and here is a pdf file of the labels that you can download and use to print your own.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Walking_Foot_Labels_01.jpg

Walking_Foot_Labels_02.jpg

Edited by msdeluca
Correction

Cool idea!

I too think that's a great idea!

Nice work! I'm a big fan of putting instructions and information right where you need it. My label maker gets lots of use. One of the first things I do when I start working on a new machine is make a needle system and size range label and stick it on the machine.

The other thing I often need a reminder of is which way to insert the bobbin. I made a graphic and lasered it right on the inside of my bobbin cover of my Adler 205 (a clear sticker would work just as well in that spot, but I have access to a CNC laser and I really wanted to try out the metal marking fluid). 

I think I'll start lasering bobbin threading graphics onto the hook slide cover plates of my flatbed machines. The advantage of laser etching bare metal is that it doesn't wear off.

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 9.04.38 AM.png

Edited by Uwe

Uwe, my innner nerd is in awe :)..Now I have the perfect reason to give my wife as to why I need to buy a laser..( raises glass ) ..cool. :)

Edited by mikesc

3 hours ago, Uwe said:

Nice work! I'm a big fan of putting instructions and information right where you need it. My label maker gets lots of use. One of the first things I do when I start working on a new machine is make a needle system and size range label and stick it on the machine.

The other thing I often need a reminder of is which way to insert the bobbin. I made a graphic and lasered it right on the inside of my bobbin cover of my Adler 205 (a clear sticker would work just as well in that spot, but I have access to a CNC laser and I really wanted to try out the metal marking fluid).

I think I'll start lasering bobbin threading graphics onto the hook slide cover plates of my flatbed machines. The advantage of laser etching bare metal is that it doesn't wear off.

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 9.04.38 AM.png

Very cool, Uwe!

Uwe that is great. 

I think any industrial machine should come with the bare essentials labeled on them, like the old school lathes. Ofcourse the new ones your on the computer so it doesnt really matter anymore. 

I'm pretty sure that all such labels that used to be on machines from the factory have been crowded out by the ones that the lawyers make them put on.   You know the kind "Stop machine before changing needle".  " Do not put fingers beneath needle while sewing".   "Machine will not sew without thread".   " Thread must be purchased separately".  "Power must be on before operating". 

But seriously ... GREAT idea for these labels!

Bil

Michael, excellent idea there thanks for the tip.

Uwe, the tools you come up with amazes me. good work

Bill I have to say this early morn that comment gets the chuckle and will last the day.

time for some coffee it should be ready now

Thanks

Floyd