Actually I am thrilled to be able to serve people who are being undeserved by production companies. That is the beauty of CUSTOM made. I have always thought too many people use hand made and custom made interchangeably and I just dont think its so. Ive been making this holster for a little bit but never lefty. Be that as it may ... I must have had a heart attack several times when I sat down to work on it thinking OH *&$%^*& I made it backwards. I mean these things take some time and effort. Here is one for the lefties!!

Oh and still lov'in me some fat wrinkles!! :)

DSCF5259sm.JPG?m=1466841546

DSCF5245sm.JPG?m=1466841552

DSCF5247sm.JPG?m=1466841654

DSCF5236sm.JPG?m=1466841519

I think I would have liked this one a tiny bit more if I had used my siewa #2 but live and learn.

Edited by Boriqua

Another good piece of work. I have used RH patterns for LH holsters and been caught by the controls such as mag releases and safety's so I always have to pause and think/walk the pattern through and make sure I am still clear of the controls when flipping. And yes I often am working on LH and stop with a panic....

Looks great. I think the stretch marks add character.

Color looks good.  IS that basket weave level with the ground when worn :rolleyes2:

20 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Color looks good.  IS that basket weave level with the ground when worn :rolleyes2:

Why yes! When leaning forward running to close a gap  in pitched mano o mano battle across an open field and ....

when leaning over a sink to get sick.

In either scenario you should look good and the basket weave will be level with the ground. I try and think of every eventuality. 

You don't think I'm kiddin', do ya?  Wife has another word for it, but I call it "thorough" ;)

If you draw a line from the top of the slot to the top of the slot (or center to center, whatever), then use that 'guideline', your basket weave will be as parallel as the belt it is on.  

Course, that don't account for them 'round' fellas who wear their belt 3" lower in front B)

Lovely rich colour, and I do love to see some wrinkles and marks on leather stuff.   It's easy for some people (customers) to forget that thier real leather 'whatever' used to do a proper job as cow covering once.   A little mark, or wrinkle adds a bit more character IMHO.

And thanks for your advice on getting the basketweave level, JLS.   My basketweave still has a bit of that unintentional, rustic meander to it.   

Also glad to hear that I'm not the only one to stop dead, halfway through making a left hand holster, convinced I've just completely cacked up.

10 hours ago, JLSleather said:

You don't think I'm kiddin', do ya?  Wife has another word for it, but I call it "thorough" ;)

If you draw a line from the top of the slot to the top of the slot (or center to center, whatever), then use that 'guideline', your basket weave will be as parallel as the belt it is on.  

Course, that don't account for them 'round' fellas who wear their belt 3" lower in front B)

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Yep I stop dead several times every time I make a lefty holster.  Holster looks great even if it is wrong handed.

Stu

I admit it.  I still have a couple pieces of 3/4 oz under the bench that ALMOST became holster liners... until I realized I cut it backwards - it matches the holster outer (grain side of the holster = flesh side of the liner  :oops:  )

Nicely done! 

Gorgeous work even if it ain't right...

Great looking holster, that alternating black and brown is a nice touch. 

On 6/26/2016 at 7:37 PM, JLSleather said:

I realize this is and old post but I am looking at basket weave posts and want to learn.  You say draw a line form the top of the slot to the top of the slot for a guideline.  I am confused as it looks like (to me anyway) the the line goes from the top of the front slot to the bottom of the back slot? I am missing something here, maybe talking about different slots?  It would be gratefully appreciated if you could get me on the right track please.  Thank you in advance for all the advice and time.

Paul