Hello people :) I recently acquired this off an elderly gentlman whos father was a cobbler..I think it is a sole stitcher But I have no idea...it has 'gritzner' and 'patent' printed on the side. It all moves smoothly and the bobbing has some thick thread still in it. It all seems intact just trying to do some research and maybe get it back to near its former glory. :blink: if anyone know absolutely anything that may help as I cant figure out how to even thread it yet haha xx

FB_IMG_1468672784358.jpg

FB_IMG_1468672779375.jpg

Can anyone help?

Hi There, this looks like a carpet sewing machine??30c22c53fd2a4e161e428851f0cc7a12.jpg

the sole stitcher is very different to this:GRITZNER_Doppel1_01.JPG

hope this helps, regards jimi.

I don't know much about this machine but have one like it that sews.I thought it might have been made to sew harness since it has such a high foot lift.I don't have any manuals for it.

gritzner 002.JPG

gritzner 003.JPG

7 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

I don't know much about this machine but have one like it that sews.I thought it might have been made to sew harness since it has such a high foot lift.I don't have any manuals for it.

gritzner 002.JPG

gritzner 003.JPG

If that machine can sew along the edge of a sole, or a narrow edge of a shaped project, with heavy thread, I'll take it.

Hi Wizcrafts, The pic of the Gritzner by jimi above sound more like the machine you're after. This is very similar to the Frobana outsole stitcher which when I was doing shoe repairing was my favorite. I think I still have 3 or 4 floating around here somewhere but they are the full on cast stand versions.. Parts are a bit hard to get here.The presser foot above tends to wear off on an angle and is the only main problem I ever had. Regards Brian

I used to have a pull down lever sole stitcher that clamped onto the edge of a table and looked a lot like the one in Bob's picture. I let it go many years ago for shit money and wish I hadn't done so now. I know where there is a rotary handle Gritzner but the owner won't sell it. As for Frobana's, they are just too expensive anymore, especially their curved needles.

I must admit it's been years since I bought needles. By to expensive do you mean parts or the machines. I would have thought the machines would have been pretty cheap to pick up.

10 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

I must admit it's been years since I bought needles. By to expensive do you mean parts or the machines. I would have thought the machines would have been pretty cheap to pick up.

Frobana outsole machines come up for sale now and then, mostly in Germany and Holland. The last one I saw was sold by Seike.de for 750 Euros.Power Shoe - in Holland - also sells Frobana, when they have them in stock.

Presumably the machine here ( about 30 minutes from me ) is the same sort of thing?

The name may be "Black" or that  may be just the colour ?

They say it works, they say it is a chain stitch ( chainette ) machine..cordonnier ( shoemakers ) machine

looks huge..and heavy..buyer collects..they are asking €600.oo

Black machine..cordonnerie.jpg

That machine's description and the photo remind me of a McKay chainstitch sole stitcher. You sew with the bottom up on a McKay, which forms a chainstitch on the inside of the shoe. That stitching would then be hidden by a glued on insole.

The original machine in this thread reminds me more of a carpet sewing machine than anything else but the fact that it obviously clamps to a bench ruins that theory

the machine that mikesc has posted a picture of is similar to two advertised in the UK earlier this year as "Blake Insole Stitchers" One appeared to be manually operated the other also had  a motor and belt drive.

I have just purchased a machine like in original post at top .

Any one have a close up of how to thread

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:12 AM, Wizcrafts said:

If that machine can sew along the edge of a sole, or a narrow edge of a shaped project, with heavy thread, I'll take it.

Can you photograph threading :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, AngieNZ said:

I have just purchased a machine like in original post at top .

Any one have a close up of how to thread

Can you photograph threading :rolleyes:

I don't own such a machine.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/121634935128

Here are some close up´s of the same machine i think? they call it a leather sewing machine here, but i still reckon it is for sewing carpets?? 

They want nearly $5000.00 ( or slightly over $5,000.00 inc shipping ) for it !
My mother used to talk of a machine that she had when she was small, "it was for catching young ducks"..this could be such a one:)

Edited by mikesc

:blink: 800kms+800kms to buy a €325 carpet stitcher!!:lol: you been eating that psychotropic toast again?? 

at least closer than the 45K in Germany :lol: Who know´s maybe you start a carpet business soon. :blahblahblah:

I just wanted to give a hint for a similar machine (like the Gritzner)

Edited by Constabulary

hello I'm a collector of sewing machines I have the same sewing machine Gritzner, I lost a while but I managed to make it work perfectly, I also have the original French language manual (missing 2 pages) if you are still interested I can photograph it and send.
This machine works horizontally to sew the outer edge of the shoe the same function as the Frobana or Junker.
Best regrds,
Vittorio

On 24/7/2016 at 9:12 PM, Wizcrafts said:

If you can photograph it and upload it, I can translate it to English and re-upload.

His very I got 4 pages you sent one with the bobbin shuttle but can't figure out the position to place the bobbin shuttle into its holder so it works with the needle

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2609.JPG

I put the pages onto another HD ( not on this machine )..and forgot all about it, ( and of my "tax year" here,- business tax year, personal tax years are approximately May to May - and have been very busy too, I mostly look in and maybe post late at night ) so the translation is going to be late, but I'll get on it. The missing pages may well be the ones that cover where the bobbin goes ( I read through the pages very quickly and noticed that the missing pages were a "bit critical" to be able to thread it, but, we'll see ) I'll try and get it all ( the pages that Verc sent to me ) translated and assembled into a PDF with the original photos, up before Xmas hits us..

Edited by mikesc