VTleather09

To big to upload

Hey there, 

Can anyone tell me how I can upload an image?  All of my pictures seem to be too large of a file.  They are about 3-4 Mega bites and it says we are limited to 1.46.  I am confused because I see many pictures on here that seem to be high resolution images and some thread posts have multiple pics.  Any advise would be helpful.  Thanks. 

Tim 

K's are better than Meg's for us ;)  Do you not have an image program to shrink em?  Or perhaps another place where you can upload teh pics (say, your own site or space provided by an ISP) and then you could just link here...

Hey guys, 

Thank you for the tips.  I only have Chromebooks at home.  So, I think I will create a google site and upload the pics there and post the link.  Thanks, again!

Tim

5 hours ago, VTleather09 said:

Hey guys, 

Thank you for the tips.  I only have Chromebooks at home.  So, I think I will create a google site and upload the pics there and post the link.  Thanks, again!

Tim

Then if you move any photos, you break the link and no photos will show in your posts.  One disadvantage to posting photos on other sites and linking to them.  We see a lot of broken links in older posts for this reason.

Best is to resize, down to 800 x 600 pixels.  You will be doing a great favour to those that are on slow ISPs where it takes forever to download large images.

Tom

If you have paint on your PC you can resize a picture through that as well, it doesnt effect the quality much either. I usually resize them by down 80% which brings them to about 200-300kb each

Thank you everyone.  I just used paint.  Let's see if that works. 

I use a free program called Pixresized but there are many free programs out there you can use both online or  download.

You can send to yourself. say Text to Fb messenger or email. Resave the pic and it's a fraction of the size. 

Give a look at Irfanview - I have used it for years.  It is free and totally simple.  You can resize by percentage with just a click and you can do easy color corrections and sharpening, too.   Crop a pic by just dragging the frame - that can make a picture smaller by eliminating unwanted background.   It's got a ton of other picture tweaks I never use.  I have used Paint, PhotoShop and others, but IView is my go to for posting pictures.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Yet another suggestion.  You can resize photos in Excel and Word (Excel is easiest).    Open a workbook, drag and drop a photo.  Select "Picture Format" from the menu bar and enter the dimensions you want.  Or just click on a corner of the pic and drag inwards to make it smaller.  Right click on the pic and select "Save as Picture".  Piece of cake.

If you are importing off a card resize as you download, far easier in a program called Picasa which is free