Ian1783

Need parts for Singer 153W103 Cylinder Arm

The above link is to a topic I started a few years ago. It still applies! Yes, I got into other projects and let this one slide. I'm now hoping to pick up where I dropped off, rather than merely stumbling across this nice machine and doing nothing about it. I'm sure my wife could make use of a cylinder-arm machine (she's using a flat-bed Chandsew RB 406).

I'm hoping to locate the parts shown in a few of the pictures in this thread - there are parts numbers there as well. I had good feedback in terms of how to understand what's going on here, but I really need to parts to continue. Eric (gottaknow) mentioned that sponsors may have the parts I need. Any help identifying those sponsors?

I've been going over the machine today, and must say it all looks quite doable as a DIY projects. I've worked on any number of machines, have the patience, love to tinker, understand the need for proper adjustments, etc. Just need the parts to get this baby "back on the road".

I'd also like to extend my best wishes to all on this site. I haven't been here for a couple of years. I hope all are well. Many thanks!

Ian

I stock both parts, #240607 and #240688 for my 153's. Perhaps a sponsor has these available. If not, I can give you the contact information for my supplier.

Regards, Eric

Thank you, again, Eric. There are, as far as I can tell, four broken parts that need replacing:

#240600 (I believe that's what the number is - part is broken right through the part number)

I don't yet know if I need other parts (to be sure, I need a bit to put the table together, including a servo motor setup), but these are those I certainly see as broken. There is that one other part (#230576) that I believe is OK, though looking like an incomplete ring.

If you could give me a price on what you have, and how I'd go about purchasing those from you, I'd very much appreciate it!

I'm attaching an image that I've used before.

Ian

post-34669-0-28186200-1371849968.jpg

That part that's broke in half is actually #240500 - thread release guide. The #203576 is fine, though it looks stupid. The other parts you list are still available from my supplier. I am not in the parts business, the parts I have in stock, I stock for my 153's I use in production here at the factory.

Again, if one of our sponsors has them available that would be best since they help pay for this site. If they can't help you, I'll give you the name and number of the supplier I use to buy 90% of my parts from. Let's give it a bit of time for them to respond.

Regards, Eric

Very cool, Eric.

Ian

I'm a little bit in the parts business. My price for the four parts (#240500, #240607, #240688, #233614) would be $95 plus $10 shipping to CA. 2-3 weeks for special order from my supplier plus three days priority mail to CA. PM me if you're interested.

For the benefit of others in my position, that of needing help with parts and info for, in this case, a Singer 153W103, I'd like to acknowledge both Eric and Uwe for their quick responses to my inquiries.

I'm sure I'll be getting back to the forum with other questions and comments, and perhaps the news that I've successfully brought "back to life" a notable machine.

Ian

SF Bay Area

On 2016-12-28 at 1:25 PM, Ian1783 said:

Eric (gottaknow) mentioned that sponsors may have the parts I need. Any help identifying those sponsors?

Ian

If you don't have an ad blocker, you will see banner ads along the top of this web page.  Each time you refresh the page, it will replace the ads with others.  These ads are all sponsors for this site (as well as some contributing members).  If you have an ad blocker installed, disable it for this site so you can see what is there.  They are not intrusive.  We would like to have members support our sponsors where it is reasonable to do so.

Tom

9 hours ago, northmount said:

If you don't have an ad blocker, you will see banner ads along the top of this web page.  Each time you refresh the page, it will replace the ads with others.  These ads are all sponsors for this site (as well as some contributing members).  If you have an ad blocker installed, disable it for this site so you can see what is there.  They are not intrusive.  We would like to have members support our sponsors where it is reasonable to do so.

Tom

I've never looked around the site to see if it exists, but I used to belong to a site where all the sponsors were on the same page for one click shopping. It was handy. 

Regards, Eric

If you want them sooner we do have all 4 parts in stock for $68.50 + 6.80 priority mail.

Just as a matter of course, Bob, I should have contacted you, as I have done business with TI before, and, as I'll end up wanting another servo-motor setup from you to drive my machine, I'll be in touch!

Ian

SF Bay Area

Thanks, Uwe, for the quick turn-around on the parts! They arrived yesterday. I'll no doubt be posting about how this project proceeds, now that I have the parts to ensure a big step in the right direction.

Ian

SF Bay Area

I have just converted a Consew 227R to a Seiko CW-1 darner so I have most of those parts but they are second hand.