ETW Grumpy

Is this a Tandy purse from the 70's?

hippie purse.pngMy girlfriend wants me to make one of these for her. I seem to remember Tandy having something like this back in the day. Is my memory correct? Does anyone have a pattern for this type of purse that they would sell me?

I made a number of the Tandy style purse years ago. It is a great minimal design without lining. Incorporating a lining will allow you to place pockets inside and on the back of the outside.

In those days I laced almost everything. Now I  would sew this on one of my machines.

Ferg

Hi,

Yes, Tandy actually sold a kit like that, cause I made one for my sister!

As was mentioned it was laced and there was no pockets or linings!

This was about 1971!

Tandy also has a couple of older books available for download from their Leathercraft Library site that includes this purse and many others from the late 60's and the 70's.  I don't do the links thing because we all should know how to find things like this by now.

Thanks for the input everyone.  I searched the patterns in the leathercraft library and didn't find one exactly like the one I posted.  Shouldn't be too hard to make a pattern though.

If you still want this, I think I have that pattern in the shop stored in a bin.

On 1/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, ETW Grumpy said:

Thanks for the input everyone.  I searched the patterns in the leathercraft library and didn't find one exactly like the one I posted.  Shouldn't be too hard to make a pattern though.

I am sure that it is included within one of their Leather Projects books, there are 2 volumes and everything from that era is contained within their pages.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:50 AM, maxdaddy said:

If you still want this, I think I have that pattern in the shop stored in a bin.

Thanks maxdaddy, I'd love to have it. I'll PM you an email address.