Chuckydownunder

Odd Adler Cylinder Arm Machine?

G'Day Everyone,

While looking for a decent size machine capeable of harness work I came across this odd adler that I cannot find any other information on.  The price is around 2000 Australian Dollars.  Can anyone shed any light on the machine?  The wheel on the side is whats throwing me ;-)

Regards,

Chucky

ADLER.JPG

It looks like a feed-up-the-arm machine.

Some of the long arm machines have the extra wheel as the standard one is too far away to reach

it is a gorgeous looking piece!

Man you could have a lot of fun playing with that one I reckon. Have you seen it going?

The side wheel is for comfort because you cannot reach the and wheel. Seems to be a zig zag machine the lever that slides behind the what makes me think this... Don´t know the Class of this machine.

7 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Seems to be a zig zag machine the lever that slides behind the what makes me think this.

If it is actually a *feed up the arm machine*,  as hinted at by the shape of the foot, then that slide arrangement could be a possible stitch length regulator and/or a part of a needle feed mechanism, as the throw for both would travel in the long axis of the arm. Whichever it is, it needs to live here with me.

-DC

Looks like it ought to be steam powered..ideal to have in the workshop window if you make a lot of steam punk gear.

feed up the arm + zig zag I guess :huh: - stitch length adjuster seems to be right of then front wheel - though not sure, I think I never have seen one of these before.

ADLER.JPG.8fff52ccea42b8ec60730312469ed11f.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

I think this is an Adler K1 43-3. up the arm and maybe across the arm too Zick-Zack.. you know what i mean? we need a German translator please:whistle:

https://www.duerkopp-adler.com/export/sites/duerkoppadler/commons/download/public/43/43-3.pdf

here is the Singer Class 11 which is the equivalent.

http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/11_17.pdf

Edited by jimi

Amazing machine- If the Singer 11 version is any guide, it could do ALL the above, depending on which subclass it is and what accessories it has. The rod in the slot just left of the front handwheel does seem to be the adjustment for ZZ width.  Getting across the arm, up the arm, or zig-zag in one model is pretty awesome.

-DC

Chucky, as it's only $2000 I think you should buy it and then you can tell us exactly how it works and what it does.:)

Interesting combination with a patcher treadle base... not easy to work with in this combination I think.

Uses the same shuttle and bobbin as the 42-5.