SARK9

Anyone wanting to add a Singer 97*?

I'd love to have one, it'd cost me more than the price of the machine in fuel just to pick it up. I know a guy locally that has three, a user and two spares. Won't part with any of them.

You would need to buy extra ones if you want to use them because you can't buy parts anymore.

Want one..........

want one NOW!............

:begging:

(Just to add, that machine is taller than me)

Edited by LumpenDoodle2

The family of the owner of the three 97-10s owned and operated a wholesale leather manufacturing business in downtown San Francisco from the early 1900s. When he sold the building and relocated about five years ago, I was told that they still had an operating line-shaft for some equipment. I've seen a few old wooden sheaves laying around the current location, all that's left of the line-shaft set. I'd seen lots of old photos of machine shops with overhead flat belts driving equipment, but never a leather related shop.

3 hours ago, 480volt said:

The family of the owner of the three 97-10s owned and operated a wholesale leather manufacturing business in downtown San Francisco from the early 1900s. When he sold the building and relocated about five years ago, I was told that they still had an operating line-shaft for some equipment. I've seen a few old wooden sheaves laying around the current location, all that's left of the line-shaft set. I'd seen lots of old photos of machine shops with overhead flat belts driving equipment, but never a leather related shop.

THAT I would like to have seen.  There is an original flour mill in Neligh, NE that was built in 1873 and still has all the original mill equipment. It is a museum now.  Even though it is not leather related, it was fascinating for me to visit. I was especially intrigued by the leather belts still in place on the machinery.  Made from what appeared to be perfect hides, no neck or shoulder wrinkles were visible anywhere, and the splices were nearly imperceptible.  Only thing better would be finding an old harness factory still intact and original from the early 1900's.