So how best to put brand new tooling stamps through their paces?  Well for me, leather cuffs!  Been having loads of fun with my brand new scale set, and with seeing how different colors look with them.  

GreenDragonscaleCuff.jpg

FireDragonscaleCuff.jpg

Another neat one that shows off some of the metallic sheen I've put on it, plus a horween 5 strand for fun.

PurpleBlueDragonscale.jpg

5strandHorweenHorse.jpg

I managed to make a 3 strand belt work out for my trophy wife, I don't know how you manage it with a 5 STRAND bracelet! Good for you!

Liking the scale stamps.

very cool as always!

I really like the look of the scale stamp. I saw that and immediately asked myself where I could get that.

18 hours ago, cjartist said:

Nice.  I like the two tone color effect.

Thanks!  

16 hours ago, alpha2 said:

I managed to make a 3 strand belt work out for my trophy wife, I don't know how you manage it with a 5 STRAND bracelet! Good for you!

Liking the scale stamps.

I'm telling ya, those were the NICEST splits I've ever cut in my life, I managed to impress myself. ;)  Braiding the 5 strand isn't actually much different than doing the 3 strand.  For the 3, you divvy the strips up two on one side and one on the other, flip the bottom through the gap, then braid 1,2,3, flip, 1,2,3, flip.  With the 5 strand it's the same, except three strips on the left and two on the right, then flip through the gap and braid 1,2,3,4,5, flip and repeat.  It's only towards the end that it starts getting hairy by getting all self-knotted.  

12 hours ago, kiwican said:

very cool as always!

Flattery gets you everywhere.  ;D

11 hours ago, blink1688 said:

I really like the look of the scale stamp. I saw that and immediately asked myself where I could get that.

Question answered!  Got them from this guy:

, In fact, I wound up with an extra #67 stamp by accident that I'm willing to sell for the price I got it at, with US shipping cost added instead of overseas.  It's not the full set like I used for the bracelets though (that comes in three sizes, plus a combo stamp).