BHPshooter

Springfield Leather no longer accepting PayPal?

For my last several orders at SLC, I've paid via PayPal. It's been a few months since then, and I can't find a PayPal payment option on their website anymore.

Am I doing something wrong, or did SLC stop accepting PayPal?

It appears that they got rid of the option. It does not show up for me either.

Anyone ever thought about reaching out to them and asking about it?  If they did drop PayPal then it was most likely due to the hassles that exist around actually having it a payment processing option; I have used them but they are not my main go to choice because I don't like the all of the hassle associated with them.  I have several friends who have dropped them altogether for this very reason; more options that are much more user friendly and actually cost less to use.  Business is business.

Side note post here  

I transferred my funds right after the above post and in less than 12 hours the funds posted in my account. Wow. That is quite an improvement from up to 4 days like it used to be. 

On 8/22/2017 at 3:13 PM, NVLeatherWorx said:

Anyone ever thought about reaching out to them and asking about it?  If they did drop PayPal then it was most likely due to the hassles that exist around actually having it a payment processing option; I have used them but they are not my main go to choice because I don't like the all of the hassle associated with them.  I have several friends who have dropped them altogether for this very reason; more options that are much more user friendly and actually cost less to use.  Business is business.

That may well be the case. It's understandable if they made that decision. It's not a huge issue, it's just slightly inconvenient.

As a side note, if there are options out there that are better than paypal, I'd love to know about them. :D

16 hours ago, Bolt Vanderhuge said:

I transferred my funds right after the above post and in less than 12 hours the funds posted in my account. Wow. That is quite an improvement from up to 4 days like it used to be. 

Yes, they have improved a lot in that regard.

I know when I last ordered from them, paypal was not an option but I had to call and make the order anyway because they were having an issue with shipping options to Canada and they were bale to send out an invoice to be paid by paypal and then they shipped. Might not be the case now but I don't think paypal was on the site at that time.

5 hours ago, BHPshooter said:

That may well be the case. It's understandable if they made that decision. It's not a huge issue, it's just slightly inconvenient.

As a side note, if there are options out there that are better than paypal, I'd love to know about them. :D

Yes, they have improved a lot in that regard.

If you are a seller then there are better options to go to other than PayPal.  My primary processing method when I travel and do shows, etc. is Square; they have slightly lower fee rate and your funds are deposited directly to a bank account that you link to your Square account.  Their app is also much more user friendly and more Point of Sale looking that that of PayPal.  Another option is to use Intuit's GoPayment app and device.  It is pretty much the same rate as PayPal but they deposit your funds directly into the linked bank account and your sales data can be synced to your desktop/online version of QuickBooks accounting software if you are using it.  It too is more user friendly than PayPal can be known for.  Neither one of these two options have any monthly fees or hidden charges attached to them; there are several more systems that are available but they all have fees, charges, etc. that make them less attractive to sellers who are looking to maintain as much profit as possible from their hard work.

They sell on Ebay and take Paypal on there, so why wouldn't they take it on their own website? Strange.

18 hours ago, Bodean said:

They sell on Ebay and take Paypal on there, so why wouldn't they take it on their own website? Strange.

It is all about cost of doing business with PayPal on the larger market (world wide web shop versus smaller eBay sales; besides, PayPal is a requirement for eBay, it is voluntary everywhere else).  If you are a seller and use it to process your payments from customers you would know real quick how much you give to them for each sale; now imagine that same concept for a business that does a few thousand dollars per day.  And again, PayPal pools your funds within their system which then requires you to log into your account and transfer them to your bank; I speak from experience when I say that it gets to be quite a hassle to have to transfer everything every time I use PayPal.  This is why I have gone another route as a seller.

On 8/24/2017 at 8:52 PM, BHPshooter said:

It is a huge issue for buyers out of US, who don't want to pay additional % for bank transfer fee.

You guys live in US and can't call them and find out?!

what's the answer from SLC?