WoodysWorkshop

Stamp Press

Has anyone altered a Arbor Press to use on 2D, 3D and large letter Stamps?

Grizzly has a 1/2 ton on sale for $35 http://www.grizzly.com/products/T27033

While altering it for leather use, it could still be used as intended.

That's less than 25% of what Tandy wants for their press.

While I'm a "Right Tool for the Job" guy, I'm also a penny pinching realist.

There is a lot if info on this subject on the forum, use the search function and it'll take you to the threads.

I tried Press, Stamp Press, Arbor Press, Altering a Press, all I get is this post turning up in the search.

Can you give me a hint on what to enter into the search field to get the results please?

I just tried that, and couldn't figure out where it all went!

You have to go to the home page, or it just searches the present thread...I forgot that. So, on the upper left of the screen, just below "forums", click on home, and search arbor press, or stamp press, you'll get all the threads.

Jeff

Yes indeed! Mine is quite simmilar to the one in the first post and these below are the stamps, that I've taken.
The leather is 5/6 oz. veg tan, upper is raw color and the lower is already dyed and burnished with resolene.
The LOGO was 3D printed and is 1"x1" (25x25mm).

0u6623U.jpg

Thank you Alpha, I should have realized that myself. I will try again.

I like your LOGO Mocivnik. Where did you have it made? If you don't mind me asking.

I don't understand why one would opt to modify the press for alphabet letters. I line up all of my characters on my one ton with the standard square stock ram foot a larger 1/4" steel plate over the existing bottom plate and just go down the line (snugging and re-squaring up any letters as I move down the line every 3-4 letters). Rarely do I find the stamp not embossing evenly. I bought the craftool press with the 3d stamp attachment and it is horrid. It usually takes me about 1.5-2 hrs to stamp out 30-40 names on my straps. 

I went the other route with stamps. I bought a laser engraver instead of the printer and made my first stamp out of delrin yesterday. How does the media you used for the printer hold up over time?

20170820_191011.jpg

We had a thread going on here for laser machines but it seems to have died:rip_1:. Maybe you could pick it up and give us some more info?

15 hours ago, WoodysWorkshop said:

Thank you Alpha, I should have realized that myself. I will try again.

I like your LOGO Mocivnik. Where did you have it made? If you don't mind me asking.

@woodysworkshop:

Thank you. A friend of mine 3D printed it for me, for a price of a beer. The thing is, it was printed from ABS plastic, which unfortunatelly held me only for 2 stampings.

But I just got a VERY cheap logo stamp, made from brass, diameter up to 30mm is done for ~18$/ea.

Feel free to comment in this topic, where I opened a discussion about brass stamps:

On 8/21/2017 at 5:36 PM, JerseyFirefighter said:

I don't understand why one would opt to modify the press for alphabet letters. I line up all of my characters on my one ton with the standard square stock ram foot a larger 1/4" steel plate over the existing bottom plate and just go down the line (snugging and re-imageproxy.php?img=&key=81964be983ea98b5imageproxy.php?img=&key=81964be983ea98b5squaring up any letters as I move down the line every 3-4 letters). Rarely do I find the stamp not embossing evenly. I bought the craftool press with the 3d stamp attachment and it is horrid. It usually takes me about 1.5-2 hrs to stamp out 30-40 names on my straps. 

I went the other route with stamps. I bought a laser engraver instead of the printer and made my first stamp out of delrin yesterday. How does the media you used for the printer hold up over time?

20170820_191011.jpg

If no modification is needed, heck, that would be even better!

Thanks for the info!