Wizcrafts

Where do you buy your System 332 LG needles

I didn't expect this hunt for needles to be as difficult as it is turning out to be. I have recently acquired an Adler 30-7, long arm, big bobbin, high lift patcher. I got exactly one pack of System 332 LG #22 needles with it. Since then I have been trying to find a place to order various sizes in 10 packs of leather point (332 LG: L point), to no avail (in the USA). I did find a source for a boxes of 100 (Adler Durkopp Corp), in one size per box, which is way beyond my needs.

So, if any of you (in the USA) own an Adler 30-7 or 30-70, where do you currently buy your leather point needles in 10 packs? I am mainly seeking #19 and #23. I would even settle for #20 and #23.

I will gladly buy these needles privately is anybody has extra packs to spare. I can PayPal you (verb).

Please don't confuse the System 332 LG with just 332. They are radically different lengths.

German Ebay is full of them in 10 packs. If you have anyone who can write German, some sellers may agree to ship to the US. It does not hurt to ask. Some might even read English.

US Ebay has 1 listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schmetz-Rundkolbennadel-System-332LL-LG-160-/201465097000?epid=1942962908&hash=item2ee8416b28:g:GZUAAOSw-jhUBsSB

I have sent inquiries to the above mentioned companies. I will reveal their replies when they arrive. So far, all I can find are 10 packs in round point. Very few suppliers stock #23 needles in this system.

Wow,Shoe System gets $7.50 a pk & they aren't even leather point.

4 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Wow,Shoe System gets $7.50 a pk & they aren't even leather point.

Correct. I got a reply from Shoe Systems and they only carry round point System 332 LG needles.

I found the 332LGLR in sizes 18,2022,23 they should be here in a couple of days.

Hi Wiz,

give Mr. Lars Bethke at www.altenaehmaschine.de a try. He sells them in ten packs and ships to the US. Look for "Nadeln", the "LL" is the leather point you're looking for.

I have ordered from him before (actually had the same problem you're having) and he ships fast and cheap.

Best of luck with your machine!

Black Dogg

3 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

I found the 332LGLR in sizes 18,2022,23 they should be here in a couple of days.

Did you order round (R) point, or Leather (LL) point 332 LG needles? I need LL, not R. R points tend to stick in veg-tan leather as the friction builds up. Plus, the round holes look horrible in straps.

Yes,the LL point.

I got three packs of 10 System 332 LLG needles today (#19, 22 & 23), from Bob Kovar, owner of Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. They are indeed left twist leather point needles and are made by Organ Needle Company. Bob told me that he bought 100 each of these needles in sizes 18, 19, 20, 22 and 23. I will be getting a pack of #18 and #20, giving me one pack of each size. That leaves 9 packs of each size for you guys with high lift Adler patchers.

If you are wondering, the needles are in printed packages of 10, inside metal foil.

Wiz, shoe repair finders are the places to find these things with affordability. At the shoe repair shop I work at, we get our needles at D+L Leather in Utica N.Y. I get my 332 LL needles for my Adler 30-1 from them, and can't see why yo couldn't get the "LGs" from them. Hope this helps.

Thanks, "Shoes," but I am good for now. I got all the 332LLG and 332-LLG-LL I need from both Bob Kovar and "Shoe Patcher."

332 LLG are considerably longer than the common 332 and 29 series needles.