CaptQuirk

Jewlery related "What do I need, where do I get it?"

I have several Rattles from Rattlesnakes, and would like to put them to use. I remember years ago, seeing a sort of crown like bit that would fit over the top of the rattles, and secure it to a wire ear ring, or something else. I have no idea where I saw it, what it was called. Unfortunately, that makes it hard to find. Any ideas?

Something like this?e495a770-fa50-4e42-87f8-6fb9c6833c82.thumb.JPG.b60b17fb7e37ab6544519d037a091083.JPG

If so they are called rectangular/oval/oblong end caps. Should be able to find them online or maybe even a craft/ hobby store in the beading and jewelery section. 

That looks mighty close, except I seem to remember them having prongs, like a stone setting. Thanks!

Rio Grande is a great jewelry supply site, they have thousands of ‘findings’ and should have those end caps or something similar. 

https://www.riogrande.com/category/chains-and-findings

@motocouture- thanks! I'll check them out!

I found these too. They are called snap and set eating findings. 

thumbnail.jpeg

Except instead of eating it's ear ring hahaha

@Stetson912- Awesome! Does it have a hole for a wire, or is it just a stud? That is perfect though.

That's just one I found real quick. That's specifically an earring finding. They do make pronged cord ends. Like theseSS8395_MAIN.0.jpg.22a21236fe9f87b9d6f6275cfab024c8.jpgthis may be better suited for what you want. They have a few different ones. I just searched "pronged cord ends" and found a few sites. 

Check Hobby Lobby.

+1 on the Spanish inquisition :)