IMG_0830.thumb.JPG.14ee504cd0da69339b7dd205c0bc8c60.JPGThis is the second pair I made out of this Water Buffalo.  Still learning to build boots. If I could learn to run my Landis 12 my boots would look a lot better.

IMG_0829.JPG

Edited by Tim Schroeder

your boots look great man! 

I'm very interested in making my own work boots, can you tell me how you got started?

Edited by Jake907

Those look great. I envy your talents, skills and fortitude to work through the difficult job at hand.

My own favorite pair of cowboy boots are made from shark skin. Never wore anything more comfortable and form fitting...

Oh by the way, I used to work for Money's Worth & Best Shoe Repair

It was mostly a sole and heel, please fix them shop. But we did all sorts of stuff there. 

Even replacing zippers in Playboy jeans. Haha

It was a fun and most memorable time.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with the forum. Awesome.

Love your tool racks as well. ;-)

Chas

Edited by ChasCS

Hi Jake, Thanks for the great comment. I wear 12EEE and couldn't find boots to fit so I decided to make my own. I started by watching Lisa Sorrell videos and some shoe making videos on YouTube and now I am working a little bit with Carl Chappell in St. Jo Texas. I just tried making a boot with out a sole just to see how it would go and then started figuring it out as I went along. I started with lace up boots and now I am working on slip on style boots. I don't have to get on roofs anymore so the  cowboy boot style works for me now. 

Thanks Tim

Thanks for replying Tim, 

I've been watching some videos on YouTube recently, but I haven't come across Lisa Sorrell yet, thanks for the tip. 

There is a boot shop (retail and repair) in Anchorage, but thats a 4 hr drive away, I should ask if I can shadow them for a day or two. 

cool

any showcase on making? ;)

6 hours ago, Jake907 said:

Thanks for replying Tim, 

I've been watching some videos on YouTube recently, but I haven't come across Lisa Sorrell yet, thanks for the tip. 

There is a boot shop (retail and repair) in Anchorage, but thats a 4 hr drive away, I should ask if I can shadow them for a day or two. 

Lisa has tutorials but they are pricey. Not that they aren't worth the price, just expensive.

She is a very sought after boot maker with lots of talent.

1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

Lisa has tutorials but they are pricey. Not that they aren't worth the price, just expensive.

She is a very sought after boot maker with lots of talent.

she has a bunch of videos on YouTube, I'm gonna check them out first. But finding videos on lace up work boots is turning out to be difficult.

Fantastic pair of boots