This is the first bifold I made that actually worked. I went the simple route as all the others I tried were more complicated and didn't work right. All black. I'm happy with the stitching and edging too. Let me know what you think!

20171229_101317-1472x907.jpg

20171229_101144-1472x1170.jpg

20171229_101034-1472x849.jpg

I like it, I am making some with a similar design right now.  Only difference is one set of pockets has an additional slot behind, and I slightly rounded the corners.

What kind of leather is that?

YinTx

Good job.

@YinTxi got it from frogjelly. It's 4/5 oz dyed veg tan of some sort. I've had it a while and can't really remember. I got it on sale cheap haha.

Thanks mutt

Nice! I really like the simplicity of the design, which highlights the craftsmanship well. Good work! :yes:

Thanks @motocouture, the design is simple and I'm getting the hang of the awl and pricking iron (I need better ones lol) 

The leather for pockets is too thick at about 5 oz. I skived the edges to make them easier to stitch. The next one will have the pockets at about 3 oz. 

@Retswerb, when you do try a wallet I recommend this design as a place to start. The min body is 3.1" x 9" (78.75mm x 228.6mm) the inside panel is 8" x 3.1" (78.75mm x 203.2mm) and then pockets are 2"x4" (50.8mm x 101.6mm). The two bottom pockets are t-slots. I measured 1/2" down from the top and 3/4" in from the side (12.7mm and 19.05mm) and cut out the bottom rectangular section to make the t-slot. Make sure to finish the pocket edges before stitching haha.

After the simple wallet you'll be able to move on to more complicated designs with turned edges and the like.

Nice job for a first wallet.

Getting the stitching to look right around the corners is always tough, try to tighten that up.

Stitching is a little close to the edge.

If you're going to burnish your edges try Hidepounder's tutorial.