Finished one of two boxes for watches, still need to do the pillows.

72DE1D64-C3E8-4590-8F6C-8289750A8B8B.jpeg

D8BDAABB-B0E9-4AE9-AE55-1A6F402A488D.jpeg

nice box stitching

"Hell, I don't know why anybody would ever wanna be a Navy diver".

Sweet.

10 hours ago, Jake907 said:

nice box stitching

Thank you, have the jigs for cutting the angle and then holding for stitching makes them much simpler.

4 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

"Hell, I don't know why anybody would ever wanna be a Navy diver".

Sweet.

Thank hopefully the recipient like it.

My dad taught me and my brother to dive and snorkel as kids. On weekends he would take us to his buddy's dive shop. His buddy was a Navy diver "back in the day" and had his first dive suit in display in the shop. The box lid bought back some great memories. My dad died December 8. So this was a nice trip down memory lane. Great job 

1 hour ago, kiwican said:

My dad died December 8.

My condolences, Kiwi.

YinTx 

Great looking box stitching @Fire88! I love the diver too. When you get the pillows figured out and installed, you gotta show us!

@kiwican, I'm terribly sorry for your loss sir.

2 hours ago, kiwican said:

My dad taught me and my brother to dive and snorkel as kids. On weekends he would take us to his buddy's dive shop. His buddy was a Navy diver "back in the day" and had his first dive suit in display in the shop. The box lid bought back some great memories. My dad died December 8. So this was a nice trip down memory lane. Great job 

I’m sorry for your loss, glad to bring back a happy memory. Thank you. 

44 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Great looking box stitching @Fire88! I love the diver too. When you get the pillows figured out and installed, you gotta show us!

@kiwican, I'm terribly sorry for your loss sir.

The key has been using a pre-angled board to cut the miters and having a sewing jig to hold the corners at 90degrees. I will definitely post the finished product with the pillows when done. 

I have the miter jig but I need the stitching jig. I've tried box stitching without the stitching jig and it looks like I tried to box stitch without a stitching jig ;) Yours looks great!

1 hour ago, battlemunky said:

I have the miter jig but I need the stitching jig. I've tried box stitching without the stitching jig and it looks like I tried to box stitch without a stitching jig ;) Yours looks great!

First one I did without a jig as well and it wasn’t pretty, although it was functional. 

I just made a jig and did a quick joint. Its far easier. I need to trim about a foot off my jig though.

Here it is finished with the pillows and a couple watches.

98C9C568-44D7-4A83-AC05-70065A728782.jpeg

That is not only nice but super cool. We bought one from the jewelry store for my son's watches and its crap if I'm being honest. This one you made is pretty amazing.

2 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

That is not only nice but super cool. We bought one from the jewelry store for my son's watches and its crap if I'm being honest. This one you made is pretty amazing.

Thank you! The box & lid is 13oz skirting and corners stitched with 1mm tiger thread. Pillows are made from a lightly waxed leather I got in a bundle for notebooks about 4.5oz and stitched with 138 thread on my cb3200. 

1 hour ago, kiwican said:

Sweet man!

Thank you this one is a gift. I still need to do the pillows for mine.