Haven’t been around here much, but finally had a chance to make a holster for a friend for Christmas. Just a simple pattern to carry at the range for a .357 Rossi. 6-7 oz lined with 1.5-2 oz tooling pig.

8EE5B95C-2775-4565-A99A-1CDDEFA9CF42.jpeg

D6A94E49-C071-4F65-B78E-807A05C59043.jpeg

61AF0A2B-8388-4EA7-8827-9E71B7C7DE55.jpeg

11D02458-A4B5-492F-8841-D4A2BFA04F9D.jpeg

Edited by Eddie Q

Love how it turned out. I really like how the coloring turned out on the back.

The tooling all looks cool too, it's just the backside jumped out at me.

Beautiful holster!  I really like the contrasting colors.  

Gary

That is an interesting border. Is that an inverted meandering stamp?

2 hours ago, CaptQuirk said:

It's a Craftool D444

Good job on the tooling.

Outstanding! I'm going to do a lined holster, soon, I really am. Question, do you rely on the stretch in the leather for the hammer loop, or something else? I've only done the snap type retainer.

Alpha2, the holster is a snug fit, the hammer thong is just for peace of mind and cosmetic I guess..... I carry a Ruger New Vaquero and haven’t had much stretching problem in a bout a year of use. Thanks for the props to the rest of the fellers. Oh, and by the way alpha2, I’ve been working with leather for shy of three years in a very limited time, I haven’t made an unlined holster as of yet.... even my first atrocity of holster was lined :) !

nice job!!! I just finished one up not long ago but no where near as nice as that!  at looking at your location taint much to do out them parts cept maybe head on down Juarez Just kidding.  But there is a lot of open space down there, if it come natural your darn good at it, and if some book learning and do it yer self then good on you.  I got me some kin not to far but not to close either if they were closer Like to come buy for a lesson er 2. 

Gracias OLDNSLOW !! Live in the mountains, Lotta of outdoor activities here ..... Haven’t been to Juarez in years(got too bad for a while). Books and YouTube is how I’m learning ;) !! Wish I had more time on my hands but work n kids have most of it .... Cheers !!!

well if it is anything like Taos, then I can understand my Primos always have something to keep them busy.  If your just watching utube and some books I must be watching the wrong videos, your work is excellent keep it up! 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, CaptQuirk said:

If you look on d old utube you gonna find some kiddy named Bruce Chaney and that dude cut off some of them good ol feetz and he done made a film on it