anvlts

Like New Cowboy 4500 For Sale - $2100

Purchased it three years ago from Bob Kovar, with intention of making knives sheaths (I am a knife maker)  and knife rolls, but ended up not using it. Machine is available for viewing and pickup in New Rochelle, New York 10801. Shipping freight will be about $200 to a home address, $135 to a business. Will deliver for free within 60  miles.

Comes with a stitching guide.

Would consider a reasonable offer.

Thanks for looking.

Marko

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Northmount
Corrected title

Hi Marco,

I am interested in the machine that you are selling and I am local. Are there any additional accessories with this machine or is as is in the photograph? When was the last time you had it running well?

Thanks,

Andrew

I used it last about two years ago. I did about 4 sheaths,and that's the extend the machine was used. I then moved to a smaller shop and the machine been sitting in my apartment since. About a week ago, I oiled it and did test stitching. The machine is running well.

The machine came with a flat table  and I purchased a stitching guide as an accessory. There are two feet included. There was a LED light that machine came with (similar is $10-12  on Ebay), but I ended up using it in my shop on another piece of machinery, and it broke at some point.

Thanks,

Marko

Edited by anvlts

Marko, You might want to edit your title line on the ad to read Model # 4500.

Sorry to hear your selling it ,but good luck with the sale.

Bob Kovar

Thanks Bob. Now if only I could figure out how to edit it...))

4 hours ago, anvlts said:

Thanks Bob. Now if only I could figure out how to edit it...))

Edited.  There is a timeout for editing the original post.  Once past that period (whatever it is), you can't edit your post, so a moderator has to do it for you.

Tom

Dang, I was needing a 4550.:crazy:

Thank you!

On 3/23/2018 at 11:47 PM, anvlts said:

I used it last about two years ago. I did about 4 sheaths,and that's the extend the machine was used. I then moved to a smaller shop and the machine been sitting in my apartment since. About a week ago, I oiled it and did test stitching. The machine is running well.

The machine came with a flat table  and I purchased a stitching guide as an accessory. There are two feet included. There was a LED light that machine came with (similar is $10-12  on Ebay), but I ended up using it in my shop on another piece of machinery, and it broke at some point.

Thanks,

Marko

Hi Marko,

Sorry about the delay.

Okay great! I would be willing to go as high as $1500 if you could bring it into the city. I know its not quite what you were looking for but its all that I could come up with now. I am interested because as a bookbinder I have been wanting a heavy stitcher for quite some time for tasks around the shop and the odd tool roll etc. Also I would offer, if you were interested, a hand bound leather covered sketchbook to sweeten the deal. Let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sorry, I cannot accept your  offer.

Do you have any way of checking what freight would be to Pasco, WA.  I can pick it up at the freight port in Pasco so it doesn't have to be shipped to a house from there.

Thanks

On 4/22/2018 at 12:46 PM, Jflip2018 said:

Do you have any way of checking what freight would be to Pasco, WA.  I can pick it up at the freight port in Pasco so it doesn't have to be shipped to a house from there.

Thanks

Hello is this sold ?

Still available???

On ‎31‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 5:32 PM, LeatherAndBooks said:

Hi Marko,

Sorry about the delay.

Okay great! I would be willing to go as high as $1500 if you could bring it into the city. I know its not quite what you were looking for but its all that I could come up with now. I am interested because as a bookbinder I have been wanting a heavy stitcher for quite some time for tasks around the shop and the odd tool roll etc. Also I would offer, if you were interested, a hand bound leather covered sketchbook to sweeten the deal. Let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

I bought mine (Cowboy 4500) for 1975$ I believe brand new. Machine + reducer + Motor and all accesoires (no table). The Thing is These cost new with table about 2399$ and so 1500$ IMO is a fair Price considering that if I had to pay for an used machine 2100 $ which is allmost retail new Price, I would go for just buying a brand new one from the dealer.

I have understood that one looses the warranty when it's not the original owner.

2399$ new vs 2100 used = a no brainer for me.

Any sturdy steel PC table will be able to withstand the machines weight as I did order the machine without table as such as to Mount it onto my old PC table. If it's not moved it will stay there lifetime.

Pretty ignorant post!  Apples to Oranges and is it any business of yours what he is asking for his property?

19 hours ago, Ken Nelson said:

Pretty ignorant post!  Apples to Oranges and is it any business of yours what he is asking for his property?

Well 2100$ for a used one versus ~2350$ for a brand new one.

Dont Forget the warranty! My warranty for the CB4500 is for the 1st owner only.

I just was wondering how expensive people are selling used leather sewing machines like the CB4500. The positive is that it means it holds it's value. Otherwise I am sure it will be "availlable" for quiet some time till the brand new ones are getting more expensive as to the Price breach getting bigger (I am an Economist and so maybe my way of looking at it does not get well along for some people).

IMO for an used machine, even for an 1500$ Price I would much rather buy an brand new head, reducer and Motor for 1975$ and provide myself the table. Just my 2 Cents.

It is true, what I did is I slapped my new CB4500 onto an old Personal Computer desk. The desk is from pressed Wood tops but it's structure is Iron. It's not the most sturdy and for sure not to move around but it holds the machine for normal use.

In my case it was to save some Money since that factory table runs easily for 400 $ or more. Over here one can have an sturdy table (Wood) for 200 $ new.

Well yeah! To each his own!

No Insult meant.

None taken. I don't fault people trying to get a good deal, I am not  that different.

I decided to keep the machine and put it  to use.

Anvlts,

IMO thats the best choice.

Looks like a beggar when selling stuff you purchased expensively.

To Keep the machine may be worthed in a personal sense, but, as in my case, chinese competition is to stiff as I can not compete with their low pricing. Economically the machine does not make sense that much but for an personal Hobby, it's well worthed the purchase (and having it hang around). I dont know how it's for you?

I believe These have gone up in Price with some Dealers, specially in Europe These are 50% more expensive, so maybe having it sitting around is a good Investment since they may rise in value.

Dont know how the finish will hold up over time since These are made mayorly from cast iron.

The machine is back for sale. $2000  OBO. Local pickup at New Rochelle, NY 10801, will ship via freight (up to $200, less if shipped to a business address), or will deliver within 100 miles. 

Edited by anvlts