alpha2

Old flip-up treadle machine, labeled "MW"

I noticed an old flip-up cabinet style machine in my next-door neighbors garage today. Only label was an "MW", I told him it was probably Montgomery Ward. They are going to get rid of it, apparently old family thing from way back. 

Any value to something like this? My guess, it's so basic, and so old, that they are a dime a dozen. There is a broken belt, that is more like a cord, to drive the beast.

Jeff

This matter would be better brought up in a vintage sewing machines forum.

Good to know. I wasn't aware that there was such a thing.

Okay, I've perused the forums, and can't find a "vintage sewing machines" forum, is this something not on this site?

This is the only forum I'm a part of, that even remotely concerns itself with sewing machines. I think I'll let this one slide.

"never mind"

3 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Okay, I've perused the forums, and can't find a "vintage sewing machines" forum, is this something not on this site?

Here are the Google search results for the complete term: vintage sewing machines forum

People don't seem to be collecting them like they used to & I would estimate if the cabinet is real nice you MIGHT be lucky to get $150.00 usually $50-75.00 for average condition.

I was just curious, for the neighbors. I don't have room, or the need for such a basic antique. The whole thing is pretty rough, no rust, just aged. And the cabinet is not good. Just curious if anyone knew anything on here, not looking to spend any time on quilting/antique forums researching it.

Thanks though, for the links!

Jeff