Sign in to follow this  
scrapyarddog

Man in the garage.

Hello All,

Been working on leather for 7 months, found this forum full of information and fabulous works (and the advertisements for equipments sure made this a money pit).

Working on briefcases lately! Decided to go for Wickett and Craig for this one. Very soft, and made work pretty easy.

30261966_10156211044678426_5428678743331700736_n.jpg

30264679_10156211044693426_785896508846243840_n.jpg

30412089_10156211044683426_4156720515014197248_n.jpg

very nice work

Very good job. Really ambitious for your 1st year. I have yet to make anything that complicated.

Keep up the good work.

Nice Job!!

Thank y'all.  I was reading an online tutorial and realized the only thing that needed some studying was the gusset. Most other parts, if you know how to make a wallet, you can easily make.

IMG_2037.JPG-1.jpeg

IMG_2039.JPG-1.jpeg

IMG_2043.JPG-1.jpeg

Very impressive, thanks for posting, where did you find the Brass closure and hardware for this, to my knowledge we dont have anyone in this country doing that sort of thing?

On 4/24/2018 at 11:23 AM, EvanBrent said:

Very impressive, thanks for posting, where did you find the Brass closure and hardware for this, to my knowledge we dont have anyone in this country doing that sort of thing?

Well, Abbey England is one source. They ship super fast if the items are in inventory, though I've always worried about shipping cost as they don't declare the shipping cost when you check out online.

Someone on Etsy sells them on and off as well but I think they charge $100.00 or so?

There might also be an Italian company and a Hong Kong company that sell them but I've never contacted them.

But, yup, you're right, I don't know any company in the USA that sell these locks. I wish they were more readily available.

On 4/14/2018 at 9:31 AM, Retswerb said:

Really nice work, scrapyarddog! Are you lining the inside?

Turns out I lined a new piece with green cow suede split. Thick as hell...