miker

adler spare parts?

Hello! Any suggestion on European sites where i can find spare parts for Adler machines. Not just presser foot and bobbins!

i am looking for this one!5acbb2088ab65_adlerpart(10).thumb.jpg.1b3b486fd8a073a3b039372f5a66d4e7.jpg

Your best bet is service department at Durkopp Adler headquarters in Bielefeld, Germany: http://www.duerkopp-adler.com/en/main/Support/

If they don't have it, nobody else will either.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 7.49.23 PM.png

seems to be the drive shaft crank for the hook driving shaft - right? What model is it? Adler 20-2 I guess.

EDIT:

if it is the Adler 20-2 part I guess it is then the parts the No. is 20112

The german nomenclature is.... Schiffchentreiber-Wellen, Kurbel

IMG_0081.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

This can be TIG welded with steel or bronze rods. Find a good TIGer and it will be like new.

12 hours ago, Constabulary said:

seems to be the drive shaft crank for the hook driving shaft - right? What model is it? Adler 20-2 I guess.

EDIT:

if it is the Adler 20-2 part I guess it is then the parts the No. is 20112

The german nomenclature is.... Schiffchentreiber-Wellen, Kurbel

IMG_0081.JPG

The machine is a 68-4563L.the part code from the manual is  037 00   054 3. and the description is indeed curbel

I wiil speak tomorrow with a guy i know to check if he can weld it. But in any case i want to get a new one! Depending on the price of course

Just for general clarification on what part we're talking about , here are some snippets from the parts diagram and a few photos from my Adler 68:

lift arm_1.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 5.43.33 PM_1.jpg

IMG_0403_1.jpg

IMG_0402_1.jpg

IMG_0401_1.jpg

Thanks for the photos Uwe! The germans replied. The part is available and the cost is affordable!  so i will go for a new one.

This is my machine

fhoto03.jpg

The flexible led light is from IKEA and with some modifications i managed to fit it

I am also wondering if it is possible to change the position of the hook from left standing to right ?

Edited by miker

Now I have post envy! Yours is definitely taller than mine. Looks like a super rare machine to me (mainly because I've never seen that version before.)

Rotating the post 180˚ is somewhere between trivial and near impossible, I'm not sure where exactly it falls. 

Those Ikea lights are indeed super useful, I've deployed several of them on various sewing machines. Your installation looks very clean - nice job!

So how much was that part directly from those Germans? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Uwe

Yes indeed it's longer than normal. I guess that's why the L on the id tag. It's made especially for bags, big bags! The germans send me to the greek distributor. The cost is a little less than 100€. I will send the machine's head to service center so i will pay i few more € for the technician! I will ask them also if it's possible to make the modification.

Before you turn the post around, consider one of the key differences between the two post orientations.

Imagine sewing the bottom of a stiff cylindrical workpiece.

With the current orientation of the post (hook to left of needle) you sew in a clockwise direction and the size of the workpiece you can sew is limited only by the size of the room that the machine is in.

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.12.22 AM.png

With the post rotated 180˚ (hook to the right of needle) you sew the same seam in a counter-clockwise direction, but then the size of the workpiece is limited by the distance between the post and the column of the machine.

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.00.28 AM.png

Edited by Uwe

You are right! I guess i only have to get used to this  orientation. Anyway i will make the question just for the knowledge!

Very good observation Uwe. Thanks for the passing on of some fine knowledge as always. Brain

Its called manual

but its more than that....

Manual_Adler_68.pdf

Did you try the "user manual" for the adler 68 ? (From the second link)

it is called user manual but 

it contains all lot of  service information which you normaly find in a service manual (timing , adjusting feeddogs , hook etc)

i just used it this evening for my adler postbed (put a new hook in it and had to shift the post to get the distance between the needle and the hook right)

regards, michiel

Edited by Michiel

Michiel i found it!Not exactly what i am looking for!  It's in German and not my machine's class. But thank you anyway!

One question! I think my machine needs timing! I'll explain myself. When the needle bar start penetrating the leather it still moves forward for a while. I thought that when the needle touch the leather sould be at its most forward position! Am i right? Tomorrow i'll make a video also

Yesterday i took out some hours, to measure the feed dog motion on my Singer 201 machine in relation to other Things happening. The results are in the Picture below. On this machine the needle do hit the material before the max position of the feed dog. Perhaps you can use it as one reference on this subject.

Singer 201 cycle diagram.png

Here is the video i promised!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGKJU5QfxE&feature=youtu.be

You can clearly see the leather piece moving a bit forward while the needle is already in the leather!

Is it supposed to be like that?

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

is it probably a needle feed machine? ;)

yes! Needle feed, walking foot!

The short answer is: No, it shouldn't be like that. The needle should not keep moving forward after it penetrates the material. Your feed and needle movements are out of synch and need to be adjusted. 

That video link above does not work, by the way.