RockyAussie

Sewing machine thread looper for thread stand

For anyone having a thread stand on the back of their sewing machines and it has a small hole this may be of interest. Check out the link here- For those that do not have available 3D machines I am interested to hear from anyone who could be a distributor for the finished products as shown below in their country. A few people have asked me about purchasing the zip guides and I would like to do it if it can be affordable and fair. These guides have been refined (lower profile and smoother finish) since my last post here and are now near ready to roll. Mostly I am looking at how to cut down postage costs to each country as that is more than the product costs from here in Australia.

DSC03860_resize.JPG

Nice idea again but why not using a needle threader, a serger looper or a plain twisted wire loop?

BTW - How do you get coffee splatters on top of a thread stand? :blink:

Edited by Constabulary

34 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

:lol:

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Nice idea again but why not using a needle threader, a serger looper or a plain twisted wire loop?

I had not heard of a serger looper before and looked it up and some of that sort of thing could work I think. Trouble here is Rockhampton the town is not that big and the 1hour drive in and out and the unknown amount of hours searching for something that's probably not there, was not worth it. The needle threader I don't have either but would be not much help for my back if I did. The time to print is pretty slow at 11 minutes and at a cost of 7 cents (1 Gram of filament)and the drawing took about 10 minutes. I have been using a bit of twisted wire but I don't like the way it scratches up the hole when it gets pulled in and out. Mostly I just like to share something here if I think it can be of help to them. The coffee splatter ....I didn't see it when I took the picture just later and I just thought bugger it that will have to do.:P

Good thing now I have a few printed so I wont have and trouble finding them.

You've done it again, Brian. I too get irritated with trying to poke the thread from the back through that little hole, it just never occurred to me to make something like that (why don't we have a head-banging-against-a-brick-wall emoji? I'm sure I would use it a lot!).

10 hours ago, dikman said:

You've done it again, Brian. I too get irritated with trying to poke the thread from the back through that little hole, it just never occurred to me to make something like that (why don't we have a head-banging-against-a-brick-wall emoji? I'm sure I would use it a lot!).

Yea... having a bad back inspires me quite a bit at times. Now I'm gonna have to print a straw holder attachment for me coffee cup:P. Wrong section I know but if you haven't tried them out check these 3d Fillies filaments. https://3dfillies.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwzqPcBRAnEiwAzKRgSxhTk4htbykpLdkqAzxdBW0AE2JEs7o3NqimPslmJhQV0Qmm-uoqCRoCKX0QAvD_BwE

Not only 10 times stronger pla (PLA+) but pla with steel as well. I am going to get some of that flexible filament and have a play with it soon. I can see a whole lot of potential uses with that. Vibration dampened parts,flexible zip guides and so on.

Thanks for that, I forgot to ask where you get the filament from. That PLA+ appears to be pretty much the same price as normal PLA.