Sign in to follow this  
Johanna

Rotten Kids

I think the children are trying to find my last nerve and stomp on it. I have run out of creative ideas, travel plans and money, and I don't want them sitting on their behinds watching tv all day. What do you folks do in the summer to keep the kids busy that doesn't cost a lot? Whenever one of them complains or whines, they get assigned work, so the house is fairly clean at the moment. Any other ideas?

Johanna

:eusa_naughty: No, I am not taking them into the leather shop. They are all on restriction for breaking rules from the last time we went downstairs together and tried to make a simple dog collar. Luckily, the blood didn't stain the leather.

I am with you Joanna... I am running out of ideas but I only have 23 till they start back.. I have actually 20 dang summer just flew this year...

Hi Johanna,

Sometimes this works for a few hours rest.

Get a chicken, on the hoof (foot). Tell the kids to go out and catch him, you'll give a dollar to the one who catches him alive. If a chicken knows you are trying to catch him, nothing short of a firearm or archery set will do. After a couple of hours call the kids, the chicken will need a rest, the kids will too. If they catch the bird then you need to take him back to the farmer where you got him and tell the farmer what you are using her for, he should be able to get you one they won't catch. If the kids catch that one then they have learned teamwork and you are surely in for trouble.

Art

Art

I think the children are trying to find my last nerve and stomp on it. I have run out of creative ideas, travel plans and money, and I don't want them sitting on their behinds watching tv all day. What do you folks do in the summer to keep the kids busy that doesn't cost a lot? Whenever one of them complains or whines, they get assigned work, so the house is fairly clean at the moment. Any other ideas?

Johanna

:eusa_naughty: No, I am not taking them into the leather shop. They are all on restriction for breaking rules from the last time we went downstairs together and tried to make a simple dog collar. Luckily, the blood didn't stain the leather.

Was it really a dog collar or did you just tell them that? ... lol!

That's ther great thing about having grown kids...I just send them back to thier own house.

Ken

Well, I'm on the lucky end of things. Ironically, I took a p/t job to ease the bills and found it was a wonderful way to get Ethan and I out of each other's hair for a few hours each day. Heard of Cabela's? I'm working in the Gift Cabin at our local store.

Dale: I have thought about duct tape, but with my leather skills and tools, I could fasten them to the wall quicker. Art: I don't have a chicken, but the neighbor has a hyper poodle. Will that work? Ken: my husband has promised that they will grow up and leave, but he also said the teenagers would quit talking to us and lock themselves in their rooms. They didn't. Holly, if I got a job at Cabelas my husband would be ecstatic, and I'd never get him out of the store or actually receive a paycheck, but we'd have an arsenal, for sure.

Tonight one of the kids had a meltdown over watermelon, insisting that her brother got more than she did. Silly me, I forgot to measure it or weigh it on a scale before I served it.

Johanna

my eldest Daughter Stephanie is in the 20s now my middle daughter Bianka is 17 and my joungest daughter Daniela is 13 so they are never home now but afew years back i down loaded Vanbascos karaoke player they loved it and what fun it is for the whole family when thay are all there, its also great for birthday partys when the kids dont know what to do... try it ..... http://www.vanbasco.com/

Edited by Don101

Tonight one of the kids had a meltdown over watermelon, insisting that her brother got more than she did. Silly me, I forgot to measure it or weigh it on a scale before I served it.

this (among MANY other reasons) are why i'm glad that i don't have kids (and a big reason why i shouldn't be allowed to have them)...i was spending time with a cousin and her two bra...er...uh...wonderful lovely angelic children....i was handing out cake or something and the girl (read: Hellspawn) started screaming bloody murder because her brother got a bigger piece of cake...my reply "it's because you're adopted and no one loves you...go cry in the corner and eat your cake"....i don't take care of their kids any more

Get a chicken, on the hoof (foot). Tell the kids to go out and catch him, you'll give a dollar to the one who catches him alive. If a chicken knows you are trying to catch him, nothing short of a firearm or archery set will do. After a couple of hours call the kids, the chicken will need a rest, the kids will too. If they catch the bird then you need to take him back to the farmer where you got him and tell the farmer what you are using her for, he should be able to get you one they won't catch. If the kids catch that one then they have learned teamwork and you are surely in for trouble.

:lol::NEWFUNNYPOST:

Hi Don,

You obviously haven't heard my family sing. The kids inherited their talent from their mother who. by the way, was actually asked not to participate in singing at church. Not only are they tone deaf, but they are LOUD. When you can't hear yourself singing, your can't maintain pitch, and when the whole family was at mass NOBODY could hear themselves singing. Real problem is they think they are really good.

Art

my eldest Daughter Stephanie is in the 20s now my middle daughter Bianka is 17 and my joungest daughter Daniela is 13 so they are never home now but afew years back i down loaded Vanbascos karaoke player they loved it and what fun it is for the whole family when thay are all there, its also great for birthday partys when the kids dont know what to do... try it ..... http://www.vanbasco.com/

Singing is a good idea. I have always sung my kids to sleep. They even make requests, now. I think it would be more fun to sit on the porch and watch the chicken, though, even if that is animal cruelty. Art, you are correct about the teamwork. If they ever figure out that by cooperating they will get over more, I might as well hang it up.

Johanna

My kids make requests also.. Please don't sing Dad.. my 9 year old will actually cover his ears..

The best way I know of to prevent that is to have the oldest cut it into equil sized portions, then the others select thier peices first. You will never find more equally devided pieces.

21 days...21 days...21 days...

Johanna

Wimps, all of ya!! Try raising three step kids in their teens (that sometimes like you and call you by your name but mostly hate you and tell you so to your face) and having triplets that are two and a half!!

My home is a tranquil and loving place.....NOT

Clay M.