Recent project I finished up lined and tooled holster for a buddy up in Washington state. I was worried how it was going to turn out being molded and tooled but all is well. 

04336F50-FA00-4937-BB74-230FA1B052BE.jpeg

Back side 

D427FDD5-4343-4254-88EF-F2BE1D1F2FA6.jpeg

Nice!  Stitching looks nice, edges are great, tooling held up, your buddy otta be happy!

YinTx 

Nice job, those edges are awesome!

Nice job!  Angle looks kind of steep - did he specify that much of a forward cant?

Gary

Yes he wanted something with a bit more angle so he could wear on his hip but also behind his hip at the 4:00 position. So that’s what he got. 

I took my time on the edges since I had already put so much work on everything else. And thank for all the compliments. I’ve only started doing leather in March so every project I learn something new and it nice to have the positive reinforcement from this great community. I’ve learned so much from just reading through all the content on this site. I can only imagine the struggles craftsman had before the internet and YouTube. 

Edited by Madmax500000
Add more

I think it may look better is you use a straight needle for work which has curves, as slanted needles can look great on straight line, but wallow around on outward and inward curves around a shape.

Hand sewing is different as not normally such tight turns

I think it looks pretty good. I tried molding some tooled leather once and it didn't look like that when I finished :( 

Chris I’ll give that a try in the future thanks