Willb2862

New guy

Hello all. I am new to the forum and new to leather craft. Found this forum while looking up info on holsters.  I found what i needed in short order! Leather is my latest hobby,  i also do woodworking,  blacksmithing, and metalworking. Looking forward to learning and sharing!

Welcome to the forum!  Look forward to seeing your projects.

Gary

Welcome! Don't let the name of the forum fool you, we like to look at knives and other smithed things as well ;) 

9 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Welcome! Don't let the name of the forum fool you, we like to look at knives and other smithed things as well ;) 

true, my little bro is starting out knife smithing...i'm waiting for him to get his comfort level to work on a new headknife for me, i've made him a few sheaths and a holster so far in trade...lol

welcome to the forum. to me watching a blacksmith is fascinating.

Welcome! Another one who wants to see your other stuff too.

Thanks for the warm welcome all! I have dabbled in blade smithing, and find it should be in a class all its own! I enjoy it, and have made some functional knives and a few declarative pieces.  Mostly I make fuctional items such as hooks, tools, hard to find/obsolete parts, knobs and handles for my wood projects, ect. Im slowly falling down the blade smithing rabbit hole! Im currently between shops, hope to build a new shop in the spring. Half woodworking/leather, half blacksmithing/metal work. One the forge is burning once again, I'll be sure to post some pics. I will try to dig up some pics of old stuff in the interim. 

Edited by Willb2862

Welcome here - says a greenhorn. It's a friendly place, this. And a place for learning.

You seem to like hitting stuff? Good - you'll be right at home here! :rolleyes: