Hello just wanted to share this wallet I finished today just need some neatsfoot oil to treat it with then its done.

Thankyou

_20190124_190953.thumb.JPG.29f886d3d4875eaa06ddbfa95d36618a.JPGIMG_20190124_171808_381.thumb.jpg.80d09cecba2bb8a1a66ea47fa3cd61de.jpgIMG_20190124_171808_379.thumb.jpg.289617fb7f5d4d2b6e103db9d512bdd7.jpg

Nice job. The first one is always the hardest ;)
I really like the design/contours of the internal pockets.

24 minutes ago, JazzBass said:

Nice job. The first one is always the hardest ;)
I really like the design/contours of the internal pockets.

Thank you very much, yer I have learned alot from doing this one so it should be better next time :P

Looks good.....I like the pockets as well. Is that 5-6 oz veg tan?

Matty, nice pattern for the exterior, I like the twist on the standard skull design. What made me smile was when I scrolled down and POW! The interior design is beautiful. You don't see those kinds of pockets. Are they your original designs? If so there may be a future for you in making wallet templates,(the idea is that good IMO). What was the choice for the dye? Now back to the exterior, your tooling will come along with practice. Your basketweave did not leave a deep enough impression to stay in focus at the fold and other areas. It may have been a casing issue or the right amount of force, I'm leaning with the leather was too wet and didn't hold the impression as it dried. Your stitching is straight and a good distance from the edge. The amount of tension to use also comes with practice, and that will eliminate the pucker of the stitch. Your edges look good. You should be proud of this wallet. BRAVO! 

2 hours ago, Matty101 said:

Thank you very much, yer I have learned alot from doing this one so it should be better next time :P

Of course - that's the point...once we get "hooked", we can't help but try to make it better and better.
@rleather had some good suggestions - one more might be to skive the edges so they are not quite so thick when sewed together.

As he said, "You should be proud of this wallet. BRAVO!  ".

I am quite often humbled by the fact that on these forums, criticism is not just "constructive"...it is invariably accompanied with GENUINE enthusiasm for what has been accomplished, at any level, whether pros, or amateurs like us. ;)

45 minutes ago, SickMick said:

Looks good.....I like the pockets as well. Is that 5-6 oz veg tan?

Thank you :lol: it is 7 oz probably i know that is quite thick for a wallet but i was going to use 4-5 oz for the pockets but i quite like the thickness of it to be honest haha.

36 minutes ago, rleather said:

Matty, nice pattern for the exterior, I like the twist on the standard skull design. What made me smile was when I scrolled down and POW! The interior design is beautiful. You don't see those kinds of pockets. Are they your original designs? If so there may be a future for you in making wallet templates,(the idea is that good IMO). What was the choice for the dye? Now back to the exterior, your tooling will come along with practice. Your basketweave did not leave a deep enough impression to stay in focus at the fold and other areas. It may have been a casing issue or the right amount of force, I'm leaning with the leather was too wet and didn't hold the impression as it dried. Your stitching is straight and a good distance from the edge. The amount of tension to use also comes with practice, and that will eliminate the pucker of the stitch. Your edges look good. You should be proud of this wallet. BRAVO! 

Thank you very much,  yes I think you are right about the stamping i am quite unsure about how much water to use and when to start tooling, also my stamps are horrible but i will buy good ones as progress.

The pockets are my design but i will probably use thinner leather next time and i used fiebings pro dye dark brown, carnt wait to get started on my next wallet :banana:

Really nice job! I love the cover design and the interior.

2 hours ago, VYO said:

Really nice job! I love the cover design and the interior.

Thank you :P