I haven't seen a lot of holsters here lately so I thought I'd toss these 2 single action Colt cross draws up. I'm just finishing them up. Pretty basic, I'm just starting out.

50903755_10210171812812162_5867163452207792128_n.jpg

50998003_10210171813052168_7960382602194452480_n.jpg

Edited by SickMick

Nice work Mike.

Super nice!

1 hour ago, SickMick said:

I haven't seen a lot of holsters here lately so I thought I'd toss these 2 single action Colt cross draws up. I'm just finishing them up. Pretty basic, I'm just starting out.

50903755_10210171812812162_5867163452207792128_n.jpg

50998003_10210171813052168_7960382602194452480_n.jpg

Mike, . . . can I throw you a constructive criticism, if you don't mind???

Your barrel end is a tad tight, . . . give it just a bit more leather.  Western holsters should be more rounded, . . . instead of profiling the outline and symmetry of the weapon.

THEN, . . . go to the hardware store, . . . buy a slick and varnished claw hammer handle (one of them wooden ones), . . . cut the top off it where the hammer head would go, . . . sand that smooth and varnish it, . . . use that hammer handle to open up, smooth, and pattern the barrel part of the holster.

I about laughed myself silly when I saw John Bianchi do that in one of his videos, . . . as I was trying to think ahead and see how he was going to do things, . . .  when I saw that trick I about lost it.  Had a broken hammer handle in the shop, . . . got it fixed up, . . . been using it for over 10 years, . . . makes the nicest and prettiest holster bottoms you can imagine.

Anyway, . . . just a couple of suggestions.

May God bless,

Dwight

'Bout 10 years now I been thinkin' I should check out those videos everybody goes on about.  I haven't done that, but I haven't ruled it out so that counts, eh?  Hammer handle does sound like it would work... and a fella could use one end to form a burnishing tool!

11 hours ago, Dwight said:

Mike, . . . can I throw you a constructive criticism, if you don't mind???

Your barrel end is a tad tight, . . . give it just a bit more leather.  Western holsters should be more rounded, . . . instead of profiling the outline and symmetry of the weapon.

THEN, . . . go to the hardware store, . . . buy a slick and varnished claw hammer handle (one of them wooden ones), . . . cut the top off it where the hammer head would go, . . . sand that smooth and varnish it, . . . use that hammer handle to open up, smooth, and pattern the barrel part of the holster.

I about laughed myself silly when I saw John Bianchi do that in one of his videos, . . . as I was trying to think ahead and see how he was going to do things, . . .  when I saw that trick I about lost it.  Had a broken hammer handle in the shop, . . . got it fixed up, . . . been using it for over 10 years, . . . makes the nicest and prettiest holster bottoms you can imagine.

Anyway, . . . just a couple of suggestions.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks Dwight....it's appreciated. I'm ditching this pattern for that exact reason. I've got plenty of old hammers...one is gonna be handleless shortly...;)

What's funny is that these are already sold....so an education where you about break even is a hell of a good deal.

Again....your comments are appreciated!

Edited by SickMick

Well....had to dig this pattern out of the garbage can......got an order for more of 'em.....along with 2 for 38's. I guess some people just like different things.........and in Tombstone of all places.

You've obviously done something right and as long as what you're making is selling that's all that matters.:)