Sign in to follow this  
Washroad

Introduction

To find this fantastic bunch of forums!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My name is Brian, I'm an old guy from Orange (5 miles from Disneyland), CA. :wave:

My screen name refers to a road my wife and I travel a lot when we go sand duning at Glamis (check out www.americansandassociation.org to see more of that).

I started leather crafting almost 40 years ago....I made watch bands and belts and it helped to finance me getting through a few years of college before I found out that I really wanted to chase women and drag race more than study. OK, OK, I was a dumbass but I was only 18! I kept my stuff stashed away for many years, using it/making things only occasionally until about 12 years ago I really started getting into it again.

So, I'm here, I read a lot, I just marvel at the work I see pictures of here and I won't post any of mine until it gets much better. I tend to do work that is neo-retro (what I call it), sorta retro style with a few different colors of dyes and sometimes a bit of whimsy!

I gotta say, wow! when I look at stuff here!

Edited by Washroad

:welcome: Well, it's about time you got here!

I am possibly the crankiest lady in Ohio, so I'm sure we'll get along well. Help yourself to the coffee, but watch out for the doughnuts ClayB brings- he lets the dog lick them first!

Johanna

Great Intro!!

welcome to leatherworker.

you will have to share some pics of your work:)

Welcome! Please do post pics soon... I look forward to seeing what "neo-retro" looks like!

Best, -Alex

Welcome aboard. Kick back relax and enjoy the ride.

:welcome: Well, it's about time you got here!

I am possibly the crankiest lady in Ohio, so I'm sure we'll get along well. Help yourself to the coffee, but watch out for the doughnuts ClayB brings- he lets the dog lick them first!

Johanna

You cannot possibly be more cranky than I am!!! Just can't!!! Shoot! I don't even like myself for the first 1/2 hour everyday until I've had my 3rd cup of coffee!

Now, if ClayB lets his dog lick the doughnuts, if no one is watching the dog, would we know???? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm trying to figure out the picture thingy. When I do, I will certainly post some! :biggrin:

And thanks for the nice "welcomes!"

Edited by Washroad

You cannot possibly be more cranky than I am!!! Just can't!!! Shoot! I don't even like myself for the first 1/2 hour everyday until I've had my 3rd cup of coffee!

Now, if ClayB lets his dog lick the doughnuts, if no one is watching the dog, would we know???? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to confess, it isnt the dog licking the doughnuts, it's me. ::( Hey, I can't help myself, I really like those little sprinkly things they put on the tops. I was feeding the licked on ones to my dog, but everyone here was complaining that we were running out of doughnuts. It reminds me of the story of the politician that was campaigning at the nursing home. He was sitting on a chair in an old guys room talking to him and starting eating these peanuts in a bowl. Before long, the bowl was empty and he apologized to the old man for eating all his peanuts. The old guy said "oh that's ok, since I lost my teeth, all I can do is suck the chocolate off them anyway".

Welcome to this forum. Everyone here is really friendly, even Johanna. The conversation is good, everyone is willing to help, and the pictures are great. But, you might want to bring your own snacks. :wave:

Welcome aboard Washroad. Can't wait to see your stuff!

And thank you Clay for bringing that little sicky taste to the back of my throat.

Shirley

Testing.

Welcome to the party!

And I'm staying away from the donuts.

Testing.

Welcome to the forum Washroad,

Glad to have you here. We are a bunch of friendly people that are more than willing to help out.

By the way....what are ya testing???

Ken

Welcome to the forum Washroad,

Glad to have you here. We are a bunch of friendly people that are more than willing to help out.

By the way....what are ya testing???

Ken

I was trying to upload a picture. Didn't see a way to delete the post. I'll get it figured out. I am a computer doofus. :w00t: :rofl:

Yes, this site is fabulous!! I just keep reading, looking at things, lots of catching up to do.

Welcome Washboard and please do post some pics. Keep trying and you'll get it. Me I had the opposite problem of posting the same thing twice and will still do it once in a while. Won't be long before we have the biggest and best collection of leatherwork pics anywhere.