datdraku

Small purse, with carved and painted feather

Recommended Posts

Fun little purse I made, for summer outings and concerts, it's supposed to be attachable on the belt also.

I still have to make the strap detachable, did not have all the right hardware at the time.

2 mm leather for body, 1.4 for brown bits (including strap) and gusset. 3.85 spacing on pricking irons, 0.65 mm Wuta thread.

Had fun with this gusset type, I really like the result.

Feather was cut with the swivel knife by me, and painted by the fiancee.

 

Hope you like it!

57101526_2414911045195053_7415584314437402624_n.jpg

56730672_2414911001861724_4183895894082453504_n.jpg

57083552_2414911018528389_6218357881415139328_n.jpg

56881430_2414910928528398_1551872521286975488_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made me smile, the "mi-mi", or sometimes written as "mimi"* ( means nearly the same as "cute" but with none of the disparaging connotations that "cute" sometimes carries )..excellent as always.. :)

*either way it is pronounced meemee

Edited by mikesc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the clean stitchwork. Very nice indeed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikesc said:

Made me smile, the "mi-mi", or sometimes written as "mimi"* ( means nearly the same as "cute" but with none of the disparaging connotations that "cute" sometimes carries )..excellent as always.. :)

*either way it is pronounced meemee

Ha ha, thanks!

5 hours ago, DV8DUG said:

Loving the clean stitchwork. Very nice indeed...

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice bag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ABHandmade said:

Very nice bag!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did a really great job on that.  Love the feather.  It's fun.  Your stitches are very clean.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LeatherPlusArtGalore said:

You did a really great job on that.  Love the feather.  It's fun.  Your stitches are very clean.  

Glad you like it!

Stitching is something I wanted to improve on this year, I try to make no compromises there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:08 AM, datdraku said:

Fun little purse I made,

Very similar to my latest piece, but yours is so much nicer. Great job. Pics to come in a new thread after I sort out my dyeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

Very similar to my latest piece, but yours is so much nicer. Great job. Pics to come in a new thread after I sort out my dyeing.

Thanks! Can't wait to see yours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now