coma44

Added a drafting table to my work space

60878299_10214484469973226_7236978481685I found a drafting board on Facebook market place for 100 bucks. It was in great shape and all there. It is a full "e" drawing size board so it is 38" x 50" think I will add a plastic top that is removable so it can de dual purpose.  Patterns and cutting table just by adding the cutting board.

You should get some good use from that surface area. Very nice, the drafting table brings back some good memories from my previous life. Now you well be able to get the angles correct easier every time when marking / cutting. Does the table have the ability to move from almost straight up to down flat?

kgg

3 hours ago, kgg said:

You should get some good use from that surface area. Very nice, the drafting table brings back some good memories from my previous life. Now you well be able to get the angles correct easier every time when marking / cutting. Does the table have the ability to move from almost straight up to down flat?

kgg

I took 3 semesters of drafting in high school two of architectural and one mechanical. Used boards like this one the last year. We only had a few of them though. So had to do it the old way most of the time. I was a mechanical designer for 8 years and used CAD on the computer to for everything. It is nice to get back to basics

1 hour ago, dikman said:

Great idea (as long as you've got the room for it!).

I don't have a ton more space that I can use for leather work right now so the space saving of making the table dual purpose will help in the long run.

Ya the good old days, I use to design & build substations and sequential controls for about 25 years.

kgg

Cool thing is you can remove the vertical arm by just loosening one lock nut and backing out the pointy screw.  Downside is the top is springy for mallet work unless you lower it all the way and have stacks of old magazines under the table to help absorb shock.   Been there, computer is sitting on it as I type.  Good deal on that table and drafting unit.  Mine is a K&E from 1969.

17 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Cool thing is you can remove the vertical arm by just loosening one lock nut and backing out the pointy screw.  Downside is the top is springy for mallet work unless you lower it all the way and have stacks of old magazines under the table to help absorb shock.   Been there, computer is sitting on it as I type.  Good deal on that table and drafting unit.  Mine is a K&E from 1969.

Exactly my plan.  Save space and keep costs down for now.  Use the savings to fund more projects and practice pieces.