06 muscl

Deep red 277 thread

I am making saddle bags for a motorcycle - the owner wants to match the thread color (deep-red) to a strip on the gas tank - does anybody know where to get 277 thread that color - superior thread does not have it

Edited by 06 muscl
Additional info

2 hours ago, 06 muscl said:

I am making saddle bags for a motorcycle - the owner wants to match the thread color (deep-red) to a strip on the gas tank - does anybody know where to get 277 thread that color - superior thread does not have it

try solar-leather or toledo sewing, i've only seen fire engine red in 277, but never know...

I am not sure exactly of how deep your red is, but I use Ritza Tiger Thread. They have quite a good range of colours. I know they have a 'fire engine red', but they might have something that suits what you want.

Not sure what red you need, but you might look at the thread exchange. Springfield Leather also has that wt. in several reds, I believe.

Edited by blue duck
add

I use 277 on my ' Brutus'  machine ,  but colours outside natural colours  , like blues, greens reds etc.  are hard to get here in Oz .

@Rockoboy This might be helpful to you. 

This is one  wholesale company  in Oz I get some of  my threads from:

https://mrecht.com.au/haberdashery/sewing-thread/ .

I have used their T8 , 277/M10 equivalent on my machine , but,  the thread is so  tightly wound onto the spool, this does affect the tension on the machine.I have to unwind a few metres of thread by hand , and then re-wind it back on to loosen it up .  But  I  also still buy Coats thread though. 

The T40 is what use I  for horse rugs, a very strong thread    and can  also be used in domestic machines. 

HS 

Edited by Handstitched

12 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Rockoboy This might be helpful to you. 

Thank you HS. Besides Tiger Thread from Abbey England, I get some thread from a mob in Bibra Lake, they're called Paskal Australia, but not much good recommending them to the OP.

For the OP..

Go to this site
http://www.amannusa.com/serafil.html
and then click on "partners" in the navigation column on the left side of the page..That will get you the contacts of their dealers in the USA.
You can also buy direct from Aman if you are buying larger quantities..

To see colours..go here
https://hfkagency.com/serafil-color-chart/

The full colour chart is in an "iframe" just underneath where it says "colour number" and "name" in black on the red background , on the left side of the page.

The first colour is "1000 - cream white"
Put your mouse pointer* on that colour, then use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll down through the other colours..That will get you the colour number and name to give to whichever serafil dealer ( as found on the Amanusa.com "partners" page list ) is nearest to you.
If you have a mac..put your pointer on the scroll bar at the right hand end of "1000 - cream white" and scroll down..
Serafil is wonderful thread to work with..enjoy :)

Edited by mikesc

@Rockoboy Thanks mate, I have heard of them, but didn't know they had an outlet in Bibra Lake, I'll look further. 

@mikesc I have a supplier here in the east in  Adelaide Australia.

http://www.adelaideleather.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7522

I do use Serafil thread on horse rugs,  its softer than the other 40 threads I use, but so strong  and with a good range of colours. That too can go through domestic machines. I'm trying to encourage my ' good ol' Mum to use them  on her crafts as the cheap & nasty threads she gets from large  'X ' haberdashery  retailer  keep breaking, and are just , well, crap ...and , like me , she swears when stuff goes wrong :)  ......shes a bad influence on me   :rofl: 

HS