I finally finished up another of Tony See's pattern builds...they are really fun to do if you are not on a tight schedule.  This was some heavy oil tan from Acadia and the last bit of the chestnut W&C bridle.

tpfM39A.jpgLoVwSX7.jpg

Nice and very strong looking work there @koreric75 The emblem detail is very nice.:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Nice and very strong looking work there @koreric75 The emblem detail is very nice.:thumbsup:

Thanks!, I can't take any credit for the design, even the emblem piece was on the pattern...i just used my stamp...lol.  The only deviations i made were to machine stitch the side reinforcement panels and the inside pocket and the front flap to the back before saddle stitching the gussets in.  And Tony uses a 1.5mm round punch for the holes, i opt for stitching chisels with 6mm spacing...works out to almost right on the money.

Edited by koreric75

It looks even better in person. 

It looks awesome !!!

Tony sure does make some great patterns

That is really sharp looking! Love the combination of the leathers.

I've seen a lot of round hole stitching going around, and wondered how well the patterns would look with standard chisel stitching.  I must say you did it justice!  Fantastic look.

YinTx

Looking great! Well done. I love the look and thinking about the satchel version for my daughters work bag. Will be my first bag :o but you gotta love a challenge right?

15 hours ago, YinTx said:

I've seen a lot of round hole stitching going around, and wondered how well the patterns would look with standard chisel stitching.  I must say you did it justice!  Fantastic look.

YinTx

Thanks, I think the main thing here is the round hole stitching would take to long and I'm not in for buying a cheap inline set... The chisels are cheap, but they're straight and sharp and fit the smaller thread better...I haven't tried getting 1mm through it, but the 150d flat stuff I use works... To keep the color match I used 277 in natural to match the pocket stitching with the Adler...