Michael222

Leather stores selling Napa leather

I started a new business Make bags and purses and I want to make the wallet in the picture. I plan to sell it for $ 71. I need for it Napa leather at a lucrative price and looking for stores that do international shipping.

Samsonite_Wallet_61u000_1.jpg.1580b05004581fd9d3d7827e05cbbd95.jpg

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/item-detail/09-1050s-2-3/kipskin-leather-veg-tanned/pr_3804/cp_/shop-now/leather/veg-tan-natural/kipskin

Same stuff with another name.   I had to look up Napa and found it included calf skin as well as kid or lamb leather. 

God bless

4 hours ago, Michael222 said:
It looks good but it's not black

You can cut the pieces out, dip dye them any colour!

Or you can now do some more searching on the web for this type that has been drum dyed by the tannery.

Tom

15 hours ago, Northmount said:

You can cut the pieces out, dip dye them any colour!

Or you can now do some more searching on the web for this type that has been drum dyed by the tannery.

Tom

I want to buy leather that is already painted black.

37 minutes ago, Michael222 said:
Thickness is fine,But you sure it's good for wallets?They write there that is for belts.

Give 'em a call and tell them what you're looking for, I'm sure they'll be glad to help you. They might even be able to send you a sample. Nice folks.

111111111111111111.thumb.jpg.148cd661791902eff33cfe15ab05f85e.jpgI bought the wallet so I had a demo of how to sew it, and I also needed a wallet, and it arrived today. the skin looks quality and about 0.6mm thick. I am attaching picture of the wallet I received.

The leather you linked to at buyleatheronline https://buyleatheronline.com/en/nappa-leather/7-black-nappa-leather.html?search_query=NAPA&results=3

is cheap for a retail price..If you buy direct from the tanneries or megisseries in larger quantities ( over 10 skins per order in most of them ) it will cost you less.You can also have it dyed to your own colour to order .High quality leather does not come "cheap", you cannot buy a Rolls Royce for the price you pay for a Pinto..

I want to buy leather that is already painted black.

Btw ..It is dyed black, not painted black, there is a huge difference between what those words mean.

Is this not all a bit ambitious, as it sound from your posts, you have either no or limited experience of leather work, yet already have a selling price and no knowledge of leathers

The sample wallet, is a rolled edge version, which will take quite a while to learn on how to skive the edges for the rolled edges

You have not mentioned if you have a industrial sewing machine, but all the sewing on this wallet is by using one with a very experienced user

There are plenty of samples of simple minimal  wallets with hand stitching which unless you are already experienced, I would suggest may be a better way to start, if you are experienced then please forgive my impertinence

Goat leather may be better for wallets rather than sheep as I am informed does not stretch as much in use as sheep, especially for area's like wallet pockets

@Michael You want to replicate an established brand's design of wallet and have already set yourself a selling price, but didn't know how it was sewn together or what the cost of your primary raw material would be?

Do you already have the half-dozen different machines that will be used to reproduce that design, which is optimised for rapid quantity production, and have the skills to operate them effectively?

What about the dozen-plus custom cutting dies that it will require to cut the pieces with speed and without distortion or error?

What is your unique selling point (why should the customer buy from you rather than Samsonite or anyone else)?

It may be that something's being lost in translation but I think you may be putting the cart before the horse.